Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Message from Al.

Al, on April 18 of this year I got the following message from you.
    "You keep posting about martial law, rights being lost, etc.,etc. You're not really adding to the situation you're just adding to the stress levels, etc.
    How about you stop?"

I did exactly as you requested with out comment, you can check the history and see I have not posted since told to stop. You did not comment on whose stress levels I was increasing. I did not mention anything political nor will I now. But, much has happened since you told me to stop talking about our (Americans) rights. I never expected then nor now for you to understand the importance of our Bill of Rights to us. The thread you deleted prompted several people to message me thanking me for what I said. As I said in the deleted thread I believe America is an exceptional and unique country due to not only our Constitution but, specifically the Bill Of Rights. The Bill Of rights do NOT give any rights, it guarantees those rights that the founders deemed granted by our Creator. They thought those particular rights so important that they did not leave them to be preserved because they were obvious in fear that at some time government might try to abridge them. This is the reason the language "Congress shall make no law..." is used throughout the Bill Of Rights. Congress did not give these rights and shall not attempt to take them away. I guess they did not think that the executive branches might try, since they don't make law.

So you see, to countless millions of American adults, these rights are paramount and take precedence over any law passed by C
    ongress. You as a non American are certainly welcome to disagree with out constitution. But it is a little upsetting when you refer to us as stupid and selfish because we do embrace our Constitution. (However, let me add emphatically that you have the absolute right to prohibit any and all discourse on your website for any or no reason and I did and do respect that.)

The above takes us into the "Executive Branches making laws". My position was under the U.S. Constitution and as far as I can tell all state constitutions, the legislative branch has SOLE authority to enact laws. So if any legislature passes a law, even one that is unconstitutional, the executive branch has the duty to enforce it. The only relief from unconstitutional laws is in the court system. In the current cases we have executives (both state and local)making laws on their own, clearly illegal as was this very day determined by the Michigan Supreme Court and a similar decision made earlier in Wisconsin. I never took a position on the benefits, if any, of shutdowns, social distancing, masks or any other issue, only pointing out the black letter law as written in this country concerning law making and the legislature. We now see the high courts taking up the cases and so far agree that only the legislature can make laws.

We the people have seen these rights, given by our creator slowly but surely eroded. As I said it is not political. Both sides have rushed to take advantage of what they perceive as additional and new power. Unlike the beliefs of many, we do not live in a democracy, was never intended to be a democracy. We have a constitutional, representative republic.

Al, I have no way of knowing how long you will leave this up or if this is grounds for banishment, that of course is your call exclusively. I mean no disrespect to you or anybody but as an American I truly believe the law matters. Even if closed, I humbly ask that you leave it up for a short while so that other members can ponder on what I have written.

If this leads to banishment, then I have enjoyed all of your company, God Bless.

I personally have no idea why the people that post political stuff inside threads are not just banned and their post removed. Closing the whole post is ridiculous if you ask me. It just shuts off conversation that's going on because people can't follow the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    ....I did not mention anything political nor will I now. .
    goes on to tell everyone about how the US Political System.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    You couldn't make this up if you tried....

5. Banned
    Huh..
    Last edited by bradjames12; 10-06-2020 at 05:42 AM.

Isn't there a difference between explaining how the laws of the country work....vs. stating a political OPINION? Seems different to me. Education vs. Indoctrination.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

7. Member
    I just come here to get away from all the world events crap and look at fishing posts and some of the crazy things ya'll do. Oh yeah, and to see Dan open the bar.
    Last edited by Flashpoint; 10-05-2020 at 12:54 PM.

9. Member

for 1stindoor
    Government vs. Politics
    http://www.differencebetween.net/mis...-and-politics/

10. Member
    MERICA!!!

11. Member
    Legal system not political

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    Isn't there a difference between explaining how the laws of the country work....vs. stating a political OPINION? Seems different to me. Education vs. Indoctrination.
    I agree completely; and believe it or not I agree with his stance. That said, his post is the equivalent of "man-splaining." I don't know Al in any other fashion beyond this website...and it's his. He seems intelligent enough to understand the fundamental differences between Canada's system of government and that of the United States. I'm not going to insult his intelligence by explaining the difference...and then claim I'm not being political. Just my .02 cents.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

13. Member
    You didn’t specify which Al. Pacino? Bunch? Lee Bobba?

14. Member
    In before the lock/deletion!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    Legal system not political

Some people can't differentiate

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post

for 1stindoor
    Government vs. Politics
    http://www.differencebetween.net/mis...-and-politics/
    Yes, thank you. I also understand the difference between Government and Politics...heck I was born and raised in the United States, and went on to wear the uniform for over 25 years...still serving as a civilian....and I also understand the one singular rule on this website about politics.
    2016 Nitro Z21

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    You didn’t specify which Al. Pacino? Bunch? Lee Bobba?
    Al Delvecchio...from Happy Days...a'cuz I'm old.
    2016 Nitro Z21

18. Member
    The majority of hunters and fishermen in America are right wing and that is fact and I will just leave it at that!

19. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    The majority of hunters and fishermen in America are right wing and that is fact and I will just leave it at that!
    Agreed. And when it comes time to spill blood and have blood spilled they are the ones primarily responding to the call.
    Last edited by MichPhoenix77; 10-05-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

20. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Civics 101
    Who controls John Gill?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast