2020 Mercury Pro XS 4-stroke RPMs

Hello,

Just repowered my 2010 Triton 20XS Elite with a brand new Mercury 250 Pro XS 4-Stroke(SN: 2B787122). I took it out yesterday and put 2 1/2 hours on it following break in instructions. After I tried to trim up and open her up a little I couldn't get over 5,000 rpms. I measured prop to padd and I'm currently at 3". I currently have a 3 blade Fury 24P on it and it gets out of the hole no issues. I'm planning on dropping down Pitches on props but don't think it will be enough since it only raises 200 rpms per dropped pitch. I only got up to 50 mph yesterday where I was running 70s with my 2-stroke. Any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

Kalib

2. Member
    Many of these are coming from the dealer with the hotfoot not set correctly or throttle not set at 100% at the engine. I would start there but the only way they can tell at the engine is to have it hooked to the computer. The hotfoot you can check yourself and see if you can adjust the screw. Usually it's just a screw that adjusts shallow or deeper that works as a stop when pressing the hotfoot.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

3. Member
    Had the same issue. Hot foot out of adjustment.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Welcome to BBC, Kaleb!

I agree that it would be wise to have the WOT position checked on the G3-2020 Computer Diagnostic System (Demand Linear).

Also, are your RPM's coming from an ANALOG gauge or a Smartcraft Instrument/Display? Analog instruments are notoriously inaccurate.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    I appreciate the info, from what I found seems pretty consistent with either the hotfoot or checking the WOT with the computer. I'm working on checking both those out this week and will keep you guys posted. Right now I have the analog gauge. I just got the Vessel View hooked up with the NMEA but having issues with that connecting as well.