Family/Bass Boat...?

So I'm in the market for a new boat. Been looking around for a while now and I guess the two I've landed on is a Vexus DVX 19 and Triton 206 Allure. Built the way I like it they would cost roughly the same. I'm mostly a bass guy but I do chase a little bit of everything as well and do some river fishing here in the Midwest. I mostly fish with one other person but (and I don' think I'm the only one) there a few times maybe once or twice a month where the entire family wants to go. About 5-7 people depending. I guess what I'm asking is, first can anyone compare the two I mentioned or at least give some feedback on each one? Secondly would this make a good boat for solo/one buddy type of fishing days? I've looked at the lund pro v, crossover, and a few others. I'm not totally counting out a tin rig but my main thing is the casting decks seem really tiny. The dvx 19 and 206 seem to be the only two that really blend both family and bass style together and have a deep v, multiple seats (6), and a nice "higher" deck to cast from. If anyone has any other recommendations or input on how they deal with this dilemma that'd be much appreciated.

2. Member
    I have not fished in either of the two you’re talking but my Dad’s had a Ranger 1880 Angler for 5-6yrs that’s a great multi species boat. I can handle it alone or can take the kids along and fish or tube. Plenty of room for storage and fishing of all kinds and with a 200 it gets around well and can still troll(even with a 150hp it handles great but it’s only doing high 40’s with a 150hp)

If you fish more together there’s the 2080 also but that boats going to be tough to load/unload alone.

Don’t let a salesman talk you into a Reata if you go look, same Hull and cheaper but terrible storage and layout for the fishing side.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    I haven't been in either of the two mentioned by the OP but after looking at some pictures here are some thoughts...

The 206 Allure has the same style seats as the Ranger 2080/2050 and we didn't like those as much, plus the rear casting deck is small. The DVX19 is a sharp looking boat but the rear casting deck is small and the seats don't look very comfortable IMO.

We had looked at several fish & ski style boats from Crestliner, Stratos, Skeeter, Nitro, Triton and Ranger. It's just my wife and I and two labs, no kids. We have family/friends that will come out from time to time as well as nieces and nephews that like to swim and tube, my wife and I like to as well lol. So we wanted more seating than a bass boat, comfortable seats, the ability to tow and good size casting decks. We of course wanted good storage and other things but those were the main things that weighed on our decision.

We set foot on several boats at dealers and shows but liked the layout of the Rangers the best. Between the 2080 Angler and 2050 Reata, not getting into the layout differences, the main thing we didn't like about them was the seats. I liked that they come out of the floor and into the casting decks but we didn't like the style of the seats. We also didn't like the size of the casting decks, the back was just to small. Instead we choose the 212LS. It doesn't have the rod storage we would like but the rest of the storage is good. The two main things that we liked more about this boat was the size of the casting decks, mainly that the back was bigger, and the style of the seats, they hug you more. We also felt that the majority of our fishing would be for bass and didn't want too deep of a V, the 212LS is between that of a bass boat and a multi-species. Other than the rod storage we really enjoy this boat and are very pleased with the decision we made, I'm currently working on an idea for the rod storage and if that works we will be all set. It's not that our boat doesn't have any, I would just like more room to lock the rods away, as the boat comes it has a rod locker that I can fit 6 sometimes 7 rods, just depends on the rods. Here is a link to some pictures of our boat... https://postimg.cc/gallery/095HbvM

Ultimately it comes down to your wants/needs and how you plan to use it. Figure out the things you want most and make sure the boat you choose has them and that you are ok if that boat doesn't have or accommodate as well some of the other things. Like I said, we sacrificed rod storage and 1 seat space for a larger rear deck and more comfortable seats, in our opinion of course.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

5. Member
    I love my 206 Allure. I fish most often by myself and don't have any issues at all handling it. It rides great (even on Erie this spring with 10-15mph NE winds, so pretty good 3' waves) and holds the family well. It's been a great boat so far and does everything I have asked it to. I did like the seats which Gary didn't, but I came out of a 1960 14' Alumacraft and anything is probably better than the aluminum bench in waves, haha. The fit and finish was wonderful, other than a leak that took a bit to track down (front baitwell drain tube had a screw in it) but the dealer bent over backwards to work it out. Only things I would change would be a hydraulic jackplate and a bimini top which I'll probably add at some point in the future. Also the 23p Tempest Plus prop Triton sent with it is a bit steep for the 250hp, a 22p Bravo would be the better option.
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

6. Member
    flyinghapy, the front seats look to be different than the middle seats, how do they compare to each other? The Ranger 2050/2080 seats are like your middle seats, those are the seats I didn't care for.

Do you have a manual jack plate? Do you run a lot of rivers or skinny water? When we purchased our boat I didn't feel I would need the hydraulic jack plate so we just went with the manual. I have ours sitting at 3.25" PTP running a 21p Revolution 4 on the 250 Pro XS. Top speed I've seen so far has been 64.3mph and felt it still had a little more.

The bimini is nice for a day on the water tubing and relaxing or for when our dogs are out with us lol, that's the only time ours is on the boat.

7. Member
    I haven't used the middle seats much, but didn't have any complaints from the people that were using them. Seemed to work fine. The front ones are very nice to me.

I have the manual jack plate now and it works for me, but the option to change ptp on the fly would be nice. I don't run a lot of skinny water with the boat, but would like to be able to have it set lower for rough days on Erie when I need the motor deeper to bite and higher for other times when I can run wide open more. I've got it set at 4.5" and see 60mph pretty much no matter what with my tempest. The 21p Rev 4 or 22p Bravo would probably let me run a little higher without blowout and get a bit more speed.

That's exactly why I want the bimini, because my family wants to get out of the sun when we are playing.
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

8. Member
    I gotcha.

Haven't been down to Erie yet, mostly stay on Lake St Clair and St Clair River with a few times into the Detroit River. Maybe we will venture down there next year.

9. Member
    You will not be disappointed with the Vexus. I just picked up a DVX 20 and couldn't be happier. Everything is top notch. 7 people might be tight in a 19 though. Front decks are huge. The fork front adds so much room. Great storage with lighted compartments and all water tight. My DVX 20 had more storage than I need which I never thought I would say. The flooring in the cockpit is great. The air-ride seats make rough rides seem like your running on glass. I haven't had any problems launching or loading solo. I had an 1875 Pro-V which i loved but the DVX 20 is night and day better. As you can tell i might be a bit biased on the Vexus

10. Member
    I have been keeping a list of potential future boats...here are a couple to consider
    Ranger aluminum vx1888 - aluminum just like the 2050 layout. Comes with up to 225
    Sea ark easy 200 - aluminum comes with up to 200hp

Larson FX 2020 - haven't seen it in person but the photos make it look nice
    Good luck!

11. Member
    Careful with the Ranger VX1888, hearing there have been some QC issues with the Rangers since they moved... Plus no longer Ranger Trailers... Great layout though, Vexus just released the ADX190 which is mix of the Ranger VS and VX line, obviously not as big as the VX hence the lower HP ratings. Just another option.

12. Member
    I have a 2020 Tracker Targa V19 combo Tournament Edition with a 200 Pro XS and a 9.9 kicker. I do a lot of bass fishing but I also troll and fish multiple species in addition use it for a family boat. No matter what I'm doing, I leave everything in the boat including different types of rods (it has three rod holder compartments). The boat handles great, launches out of the hole and the top speed is decent enough for me. Mid 50's fully loaded. About the only thing I add or remove is life jackets depending on how many passengers I am taking and I remove the bow cushions if I'm going fishing. I couldn't be happier with the boat. However, I will never buy another boat from BassPro. I'd go to a specific Tracker dealer.

13. Member
    I would think the Triton Allure 206 and the Ranger 2080 Angler would be pretty similar. The DVX19 is more like a 619 or 206 Fishhunter in my opinion. I am partial to Ranger and I own a 2015 1880 Angler. It has plenty of room for 2 guys and gear. Mine doesn't have the jump seats so I can only seat 4 but the new 1880's can seat 6.
    2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

14. Member
    I recently got remarried and my new wife has (3) teens...I would take them in my BassCat Caracal but they wanted to fish and do waterspouts more than fish...To keep everyone happy I sold the BassCat and started searching for a Fish & Ski/Multi-Species boat...I started my search and after about 2 months I finally pulled the trigger on a 2020 Ranger 1880 Angler with the new 200 Mercury Pro XS...My shopping list included the Vexus DVX19, Yar-Craft 186 TFX, Triton 186 Allure, Skeeter WX1910 and Skeeter Solera 189...After researching all the boats on my shopping list I narrowed it down to two: Ranger 1880 and Vexus DVX19...I didn’t order the DVX19 because it was a first year model and I am always skeptical on first new model of anything...I really love the Ranger! The ride is amazing and the kids/wife love it...The new Mercury is the real deal...

15. Member
    Center console - I have a Bluewave PureBay 2000 that covers all the checkboxes. Bass fishing, storage, seats, tubing, etc

Vexus DVX19 hands down. I've spent numerous hours in one and it's perfect for the family. Mine will be done in about 2 weeks, it's on the production floor now.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwash_1512 View Post
    Vexus DVX19 hands down. I've spent numerous hours in one and it's perfect for the family. Mine will be done in about 2 weeks, it's on the production floor now.
    Congrats

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwash_1512 View Post
    Can’t wait to see it, post pics when you get it