Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks. Seem a lot use dye.

Will look into storage container and some dye.
    Semper Fi

Used both JJ I like better but it seems to evaporate over time and level will decrease quicker than spike it but both are sufficient for me and not enough difference to buy JJ over the other.

I just use the Spike-It pens. Same stuff as in the bottles, but less chance of staining something other than the bait.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

I buy a small bottle of Spike-It and also one of their markers. When the marker goes dry, pop off the cap on the rear end and use a small eye dropper and add some dye from the bottle. This way, a marker will last for years.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

do NOT spill it .. do NOT bring JJ's into the house !! but I had amazing luck with it catching consistently

Scooter: Nov 1998-Jul 2011
    Otis: Oct 2010-Feb 2017

6. Member
    I have used Spike It, bottle and pens and have for many years. Bought a bottle of JJ's, per my long time fishin' buddy, last year to try and I keep in my air conditioned shop and you had better use it quick because it will evaporate fairly quickly. Check the bottles in store and you will likely see varying levels in each one. Spike It does not seem to bleed out as bad a JJ's but JJ's is a little brighter. Personal preference I guess.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I bought a small plastic bowl with a snap on lid. I keep my dyes , super glue and Mend It in the bowl. It keeps it from bouncing around and spilling. I then use the underside of the lid to lay the baits on when I dip them. I use Spike It and JJ's.

I don't really mind if someone brings it in my boat. If it spills the sunlight will take care of it. In years and years I have yet to see it cause any permanent damage.
    i like the tip Mark! Using Tupperware to store but more importantly, the lid to set the plastics on to dry. Thanks
    2019 Ram 5.7 Hemi Limited
    Skeeter ZX225
    2 Lowrance 12” Carbons
    1 Lowrance 9” Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Yamaha 225/ Hydro Tec/ 25-T1 SHO prop/ 83mph
    2-8’ Power Poles
    12” Black Atlas Jack

If you want the smell without the dye try hog tonic. I spray it in a small tub with a split piece of foam and use it to dip into. Keeps it of the fingers somewhat.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

9. Member
    If you have always wanted to catch bass and have chartreuse boat carpet, then you are going to love JJ's

I fish at night and my boat looks like a murder scene with the blacklight.

I use old large Perscription bottles. The JJ and the Spike it fits perfectly and it seals well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12