Thumbs Up Day 4, back out onto Lake Ontario!

The wind still didn't do what the forecast called for, but things finally calmed down enough for us to get out onto Lake Ontario. 5 minutes into our day, first spot, I finally caught something worth getting excited about. Honestly, really surprised that this thing bit despite how close we were to the spot I cast at!

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I say it all the time St lawrence will humble people. The pros make it look easy , its takes some time up there to get consistant. Everyone sees it on TV and thinks that 25 pound bags are gonna be easy... ya no..

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    I say it all the time St lawrence will humble people. The pros make it look easy , its takes some time up there to get consistant. Everyone sees it on TV and thinks that 25 pound bags are gonna be easy... ya no..

Yea, you can count me in on that group of people last year. Thought we'd be able to go up there and hammer them with what I know about smallie fishing, and I'm pretty good at it back home. But the St Lawrence and Lake Ontario fish entirely different from everything back here. It's like starting from scratch for me almost when I got up there. This year I took a much more reserved outlook on how the week would go, and sadly it went even worse than that.

Timing was unfortunate, everyone was catching the snot out of them up until a few days before we got there, I guess a bunch of very hot weather rolled in for a week, pushed even Lake Ontario up to 78-80 degrees while we were there. I still enjoyed my week up there, but I won't pretend that I wasn't both really frustrated and disappointed in how the week went.

Next year we're going to go back 3 weeks earlier than this year...and this year we went 3 weeks earlier than last year. Hopefully, we get there when the water temps are a bit more friendlier.