Regular 360 Issues on a Solix

Hi guys, I'm helping a friend trying to get his standard 360 (NOT mega) working on a newer Solix.

It just was installed (used setup) and it seemed to be a rocky success from the start, they did some software updates, etc, but it seemed to be working in the parking lot and he just took it to the lake and couldn't get it to go. Unfortunately, from what I understand, they did not run a 'new' power wire just for the 360. I'm assuming a wire was already ran for the solix and they maybe tapped into that...

Our 'biggest' question is what does the 'question mark' mean in the top right hand corner in the 360 icon? I assume it can't see the transducer?

Yes, perhaps there is a pinched / bad cable in the system? I'm sure there's a 100 possibilities of what is wrong.

It seems like there is at least 2 steps, one is setting the sonar transducer to 360, and the second step is to start the pinging. He basically says when he goes to start the pinging, it doesn't do it.

See attached screenshots.

I know you guys may ask for more info, but this is all I got right now, maybe throw out some 'ideas' of what you think it could be (even operator error??)

Thanks!
    -Ryan
    IMG_2762.JPG
    IMG_2763.JPGIMG_2764.JPG
    Last edited by ryanerb; 09-08-2020 at 11:13 PM. Reason: add details

2. Member
    RTFM, reading the manual, it says the question mark signifies that the connection is lost... so maybe not enough power? Maybe a pinched cable?
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Update: Today he's played with it some more, seems to detect some times and then doesn't on other resets. Sounds like it can may be something software related, etc. Sounds like he's good enough to get on the lake now as long as he reboots a few times till it comes up. I think he'll be talking to Humminbird tech support soon to get it ironed out.