12 in Element Ram style mount?

Anyone have any idea who makes and sells a Ram style mount for a 12 in Element? It's going on a 2001 196 Champion at the console. Thanks!

2. Member
    Buy the universal 12” direct from RAM

3. Member
    Thank you Curt! Appreciate that my brother!

4. Member
    The Element weighs less than an Axiom or other 12” units. The standard 12” RAM base and mount (either from RAM or Amazon or other) will work fine. You might have to drill the plate for mounting holes, but I’ve done it several time and it’s easy.

I’d go at least ball size C (1.5”) or D (2.25”). Anything smaller and you don’t have enough surface area to crank down and make the friction hold stick. Hope that all makes sense.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    The Element weighs less than an Axiom or other 12” units. The standard 12” RAM base and mount (either from RAM or Amazon or other) will work fine. You might have to drill the plate for mounting holes, but I’ve done it several time and it’s easy.

I’d go at least ball size C (1.5”) or D (2.25”). Anything smaller and you don’t have enough surface area to crank down and make the friction hold stick. Hope that all makes sense.
    Thank you again ! Appreciate all your help! You the MAN! Nice to know that you are so helpful!

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Look at a Kong Mount, I’ve never been happy the a ram, always seem to move no matter how tight you try and get it. But I have never run a Element!

7. Member
    scuff up the ball a little, might help it to hold better