Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nice Sized SHARK Caught Off Myrtle Beach...There are a Ton of Sharks...Crazy

So I got out for another night of fishing on my Myrtle Beach vacation, and behold...more sharks. This time I was a bit surprised by a much bigger catch, that really topped this trip off for me. I was very surprised during this vacation trip how many sharks we caught and how close they actually are to the beach. They even had to clear an area of beach yesterday because of a shark (wish I was around with my rod...lol). Hope everyone enjoys watching this great catch and can enjoy it as much as I did...definitely great times and memories, glad I can catch it on film.

2. Member
    World record Tiger Shark was caught off Cherry Grove pier Myrtle Beach back when they let you chum.
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cast 1Fish View Post
    So I got out for another night of fishing on my Myrtle Beach vacation, and behold...more sharks. This time I was a bit surprised by a much bigger catch, that really topped this trip off for me. I was very surprised during this vacation trip how many sharks we caught and how close they actually are to the beach. They even had to clear an area of beach yesterday because of a shark (wish I was around with my rod...lol). Hope everyone enjoys watching this great catch and can enjoy it as much as I did...definitely great times and memories, glad I can catch it on film.

Looks like fun, but did you ever think that you may be part of what's drawing them closer? Of course I mean the bait as an attractant. I absolutely will not go in the water over my knees around a fishing pier due to what I've seen near them. Doesn't take much at all as sharks can smell parts per million!

4. Member
    Didn't watch the video but my fishing buddy has wintered in Merle's inlet last 4 years. He was telling me 2 days ago about fishing off a pier with his BIL. He said the pompano was in and easy to catch but after a while when you looked below there would be 6 foot sharks waiting for the releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Southfork View Post
    World record Tiger Shark was caught off Cherry Grove pier Myrtle Beach back when they let you chum.
    looked it up and that is absolutely crazy...that is a true monster. Could only imagine the fight...wonder who reached in there to unhook it...lol

I know they don’t allow you to fish for sharks off piers. Looks like fun fr the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    Looks like fun, but did you ever think that you may be part of what's drawing them closer? Of course I mean the bait as an attractant. I absolutely will not go in the water over my knees around a fishing pier due to what I've seen near them. Doesn't take much at all as sharks can smell parts per million!
    I don’t think our few rods with cut bait draw them into an area...but I have to agree with the piers, no way I would want to swim near them...they seem like a giant chum factory to attract sharks.

8. Member
    less talk, more fish

I've been strictly saltwater fishing the last eight years and can say that sharks are on the bottom of my list for wanting to catch (no matter the size).

9. Member
    Btw, out of curiosity..... Almost every post you start links to your youtube channel... in which you could potentially be earning revenue.

10. Banned
    This is why I dont swim in the ocean !

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdoubledog View Post
    Btw, out of curiosity..... Almost every post you start links to your youtube channel... in which you could potentially be earning revenue.
    Not to mention that shark fishing in Myrtle Beach is illegal, he may want to reconsider posting illegal activity on YouTube lol

12. Member
    That can be said for quite a few people on this site. It’s not my cup of tea so when I see their name I just don’t open the thread. There’s another up near the top that I can guarantee has a YouTube video

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    That can be said for quite a few people on this site. It’s not my cup of tea so when I see their name I just don’t open the thread. There’s another up near the top that I can guarantee has a YouTube video
    Some like to watch and discuss, some don’t it’s a personal choice...just like some find ways to bash other posters...a bit of everything on this site which is why I like it. I respect those who chose not to watch or even comment

14. Member
    Some like to watch and discuss, some don’t it’s a personal choice...just like some find ways to bash other posters...a bit of everything on this site which is why I like it. I respect those who chose not to watch or even comment
    I completely agree, that’s what I was trying to say.

15. Member
    Call it what you want, but you know the real reason why you're doing it... to get subscribers to YOUR channel and make $'s while scrounging around here for FREE. A spade is a spade.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Understood, but when I see several posts by the same person within a very short period of time that makes me question things. In this case, its way to obvious.

Understood, but when I see several posts by the same person within a very short period of time that makes me question things. In this case, its way to obvious.
    I went to the beach for a week, went fishing 5 days and shot 5 days of video...shared 2 videos of sharks I thought was cool. Sorry you did not approve.

18. Member
    Sacramento River Delta Northern California
    No I don't approve either. And that is a crappy stupid video. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Chub Lake View Post
    No I don't approve either. And that is a crappy stupid video. Cheers
    please share why...I would love to improve :)

20. Member
    Well they do live in the ocean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast