Drotto boat buddy on stratos trailer?

Anyone running one of these on the Stratos trailers that have the spring loaded arm on the nose roller for lift?

I'd love to get one, but am not sure how well it would work with this setup.. That nose roller spring loaded arm lifts
    the nose of my boat about 4 to 5 inches, and if I fix it in place, I would need to adjust my bunks to compensate I think.

I'm soon to rebuild my bunks anyways, so I thought this would be a good time to ask and get the Drotto if its feasible.

Thanks
    1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite DC
    2010 Mercury 200 ProXS
    Dual Lowrance Ti2's / Ghost TM

I don't have one but have the same boat and trailer. I don't think you will need to adjust your bunks, if the boat is right on the trailer just fix the arm where it is at. I have several local ramps that are all different, depending on which one, sometimes mine raises a couple inches, several inches or goes over it.

Side question, how's your fuel gauge work? With the L-shape tank in these boats I'm fairly sure mine only reads the top half, empty on the gauge and I can only put 20gal in it.

3. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    I had a '97 Hydra Sport with the apring-loaded bow stop. I purchased 2 of the old boat buddies (for almost nothing) and decided that the spring-loaded stop may not work with it. In '03 I got the Stratos and put a buddy on the trailer because the bow stop is welded. That old thing has worked like a charm since day one.

The one you're looking at looks different than my antique.

Quote Originally Posted by Axlenut View Post
    I don't have one but have the same boat and trailer. I don't think you will need to adjust your bunks, if the boat is right on the trailer just fix the arm where it is at. I have several local ramps that are all different, depending on which one, sometimes mine raises a couple inches, several inches or goes over it.

Side question, how's your fuel gauge work? With the L-shape tank in these boats I'm fairly sure mine only reads the top half, empty on the gauge and I can only put 20gal in it.
    It needs a new sending unit is how mine works lol.. I've only had this boat about 3 months, and putzing around at idle the thing blips from where it is at full.. to nothing and back again irregularly.
    I'm not sure I'm going to bother changing it though as I have the nmea gateway on the motor and it's tied into my Lowrance's where I can track fuel used and indicate when I've filled it up.. And I've seen that getting access to the tank is a helluva chore.

back on the original topic, thanks for the responses, ordering one!
    1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite DC
    2010 Mercury 200 ProXS
    Dual Lowrance Ti2's / Ghost TM

5. Member

Drotto install Stratos EZ loader trailer with Spring Arm

I have a 98 Stratos 283 DC. It is loaded onto an EZ Loader trailer, that has the spring arm on it. I got my Drotto in the other day and was trying to figure out if the spring loaded arm was going to be an issue. It will obviously move forward only so far, but no way to keep it from moving rearward when pulling out of the water. My intention was to cut some 1/4” thick x 1-1/2 flat bar and drill holes through the winch base and the spring arm, but my drill bits would not do the job. Plan B was to weld the plates instead, which is what I did. I’m waiting on my new Fulton 1500 winch to arrive. Once I get it installed, I will be taking the boat to the launch and installing the Drotto to see how it turns out. Hope this helps someone. I will come back and post the results.

6. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    I am yet to understand how that spring bow stop deal is supposed to help anyway. Maybe someone can educate me on them. First time I’ve ever used one or had one.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    I am yet to understand how that spring bow stop deal is supposed to help anyway. Maybe someone can educate me on them. First time I’ve ever used one or had one.
    It lowers when unloading so it does not hit the trolling motor .