Ranger Push Button Switches

On my 2015 Ranger 1880 Angler I have a few switches that are starting to stick, rubber boots are falling off etc. I know I can probably get new switches from Ranger but I am wondering if anyone has converted over to something different? If you did can you tell me which switches you ended up getting, how many amps you need for the switches etc? I would replace them all so I need to run bilge/livewell pumps, nav lights etc.

Thanks

Here is what I have now.

And here is what I was thinking of going to in red and maybe a black color instead of silver.

2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

A "Switch is a Switch" no matter what it looks like and does. I'd change them out if it makes you happy, and those would look AWESOME !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Yeah I like them as well just not sure on the amps they can safely run through them before they start a small fire. Most are rated at 3-5amps but the ranger buttons I believe are at 10amps. Guess I will need to get the meter out and take a look at the draws on each circuit.
    2015 MERCURY 150HP

4. Member
    They do look awesome, have you thought about how you will label them?

It is highly likely most of the circuits are at least 5 A. Best way to know is check the schematic under the seat in the back. You need to have a switch rated at least as big as the fuse in the circuit.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    They do look awesome, have you thought about how you will label them?

It is highly likely most of the circuits are at least 5 A. Best way to know is check the schematic under the seat in the back. You need to have a switch rated at least as big as the fuse in the circuit.
    My panel is already labeled so I am not sure why the switches are as well. The only panel that is not labeled is the front panel for trim and nav lights. They don't light up at night so you know which one to push so I don't think it matters if there is a image on the switch or not. I have found a few places where they etch images on the switches but those switches are way more expensive.

Good call on the schematic. I will take a look at that this weekend. I am also going to call Ranger to see if by chance they will replace them all with the new switches for a decent price or out of warranty replacement. I do know that the model of switches in the boat were problematic and Ranger switched to a different type in 2016/17 I believe. Everyone that gets them replaced complain that they are not the same and are more oval then round. So maybe I can get them to replace them since they were a bad switch.
    2015 MERCURY 150HP

6. Member
    You probably have the same switches as me. A couple things to note, as I had Bilge and NavLight switches replaced under warranty. They did change the switches, the new ones are slightly smaller in overall diameter, but same mounting hole diameter. I didn’t notice any lack of roundness, just a slightly smaller diameter (mostly the rubber around the switch, not the switch itself).

The biggest thing is the connection spades on he new switch are larger than the old one, so Ranger sent adapters to translate the two different spade sizes. So far they have been reliable. If you order from Ranger, make sure you ask about these adapters, I wouldn’t have known, but ranger parts did. With the switchover, might want to double check. So far the new switches have held up.

BTW, BlueSea makes some switches that are similar Looking to the ones you posted in both 10 and 20A rated versions. Again, check the spade connector size before purchase, as you will make a lot of work for yourself if they don’t match the terminals on the wire in your boat. Also note, the horn is a Monentary On, vs On Off (May be obvious, but just thought of it)
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

7. Member
    Hello! I am looking at doing this to my 2015 Z119c, any luck with determining what push button switches were needed from Blue Sea to complete the swap? Sick of mine sticking, even after replacing them they still act up.

8. Member
    do you have pics of the completed panel? And how did it work out?
    2016 Ranger Z518
    Mercury 150 HP Fourstroke