Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
There is no charging cord for the mini remote. It uses a button battery. CR2450 I think. My battery has lasted two seasons so far (in NH, so a season = 6 months max). I use it all day long, even when I'm standing right next to the pedal.
That’s what I assumed. I just spent $400 for a ladder, but the ladder is no good if there’s a 20 mph wind blowing the boat away from me. I can’t stand that heavy remote hanging around my neck so I think I’ll get one. Thanks for the information.

A few years ago the local new reported a story about a couple of guys that were fishing in a small evening jackpot tournament. They came across a couple of kids in a boat with no adults on board. Seems mom & dad went swimming and the good ol’ Oklahoma wind took the boat away. The parents were several hundred yards away frantically treading water and trying to get to the kids. I don’t remember the details but I guess the bass anglers towed the boat with the kids back to the parents.

Those are just little 4 hour 3 fish tournaments so the guys lost a lot of precious time with their rescue ....but what else could they do?