Question Trim on 2000 Johnson Pro Series 150hp

Forgive me if this is in the wrong board. I didnt see anywhere else to put this question.

I have a 2000 Triton Tr186 with a Johnson Pro Series 150 on it. Due to being Moms 24/7 caregiver its been sitting since 2016. Mom passed this past Memorial day and i am trying to pick up the pieces and carry on so I am cleaning my boat up to go fishing again finally. Anyway, my trim always worked. I pressed the trim button on the motor and it did nothing.. no sound.. no movement. So I thought maybe it was my battery.. so I started charging it. Its hard to see in the glare of the sun but it looks like my batter is pretty well charged. (im hoping im wrong) but when I pressed the button again, it moved a hair and that was it. I tried the trim on the steering and it did the same. Can anyone give me any advice on this issue? I have the manual for it all but it doesnt help me troubleshoot so I know what needs to be done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jared

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I'll have to go out to the shop and grab my invisible picture glasses..be right back.

3. Member
    Can you hear the trim motor running, if not it's power if yes it's fluid and maybe pump but could just be stuck.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    I'll have to go out to the shop and grab my invisible picture glasses..be right back.
    LOL sorry.. I didnt think an image would help in this situation lol

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Swap the relays and see what happens.

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Been sitting since 2016......I'm betting on battery dead.....

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Been sitting since 2016......I'm betting on battery dead.....
    Might want to think about updating that Resume'.

8. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    My thoughts were it has sat since 16...how old was the battery before then...I don't think it will come back even with a charger on it.....what did I miss....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinpedia View Post
    Forgive me if this is in the wrong board. I didnt see anywhere else to put this question.

I have a 2000 Triton Tr186 with a Johnson Pro Series 150 on it. Due to being Moms 24/7 caregiver its been sitting since 2016. Mom passed this past Memorial day and i am trying to pick up the pieces and carry on so I am cleaning my boat up to go fishing again finally. Anyway, my trim always worked. I pressed the trim button on the motor and it did nothing.. no sound.. no movement. So I thought maybe it was my battery.. so I started charging it. Its hard to see in the glare of the sun but it looks like my batter is pretty well charged. (im hoping im wrong) but when I pressed the button again, it moved a hair and that was it. I tried the trim on the steering and it did the same. Can anyone give me any advice on this issue? I have the manual for it all but it doesnt help me troubleshoot so I know what needs to be done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jared
    First off I would like to say sorry for your loss, losing a parent or any loved one is tough and in your position being the care giver makes it even worse.

As the guys have said, the most likely issue is the battery, they usually last about three to five years with charging and regular maintenance. You may want to start there.
    If you need any further help let us know and we will try to help.
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

10. Member
    thanks guys.. I panicked when it didnt work because I have been struggling to get it running again and just assumed it was a worst case scenario. I went and bought a brand new interstate cranking batter and it works like its suppose to now.