Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2020 Ranger 1880MS Angler w/Mercury 200 PRO XS

Hey all, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted here at BBC...I used to run a 1998 Fisher fish and ski and contributed quite a bit to this section back in the day...Got divorced, sold that boat, and bought a 2015 BassCat Caracal...I loved that boat but sold it because I got remarried and the new blended family wanted a fish and ski...So here we are again! I drove from AZ to Colorado and picked up my new 2020 Ranger 1880 on Saturday...What a beautiful boat, sure is big and roomy for a 18’10” boat...It has the Mercury 200 PRO XS which I’m super stoked about...My BassCat had the Yamaha 225 SHO which was an amazing motor...Haven’t had a chance to take it out and get it wet yet but I will update this when I do...For now, here are the pics

2. Member
    Congrats on the new ride. Have been curious what the performance of this hull/motor combo is. I have an 1850 LS, but my next boat will be an Angler, or a 621. Kids are getting almost out of the house now...but I fish big water in MN, MultiSpecies is better than Bass Boat for me.

Pretty boat!
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

3. Member
    Congrats on the new boat, looks sharp. My folks have the same boat (2016) love everything about it. Many great memories to come, definitely the right boat out there for whatever life brings your way
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

4. Member
    Nice boat. One of my friends just got his 2020 1880 this spring. It rides nice and has lots of room to move around in back. He has a 175 Merc with DTS on his and it moves plenty fast enough. What color combination did you get? Your color combo looks very sharp.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeToFish View Post
    Nice boat. One of my friends just got his 2020 1880 this spring. It rides nice and has lots of room to move around in back. He has a 175 Merc with DTS on his and it moves plenty fast enough. What color combination did you get? Your color combo looks very sharp.
    Thanks, it’s color option “B”

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Congrats on the new boat, looks sharp. My folks have the same boat (2016) love everything about it. Many great memories to come, definitely the right boat out there for whatever life brings your way
    Thank you

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    Congrats on the new ride. Have been curious what the performance of this hull/motor combo is. I have an 1850 LS, but my next boat will be an Angler, or a 621. Kids are getting almost out of the house now...but I fish big water in MN, MultiSpecies is better than Bass Boat for me.

Pretty boat!
    Thank you...I’ll let you know how she performs when I get her broken in...I’m hoping mid 50’s for speed

Awesome boat! I hope to pull the trigger on the same model early next year.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

9. Member
    Contemplating moving to a fish/ski or multi species type boat in the coming future. My 4 yr old is just starting to come out and fish, and have 8 month old twins that are about 3 yrs away from joining the fun. Needless to say my 18 foot Triton is great, but not something I can manage with family of five. Most of the time I will be solo or with my son, but coming soon it will be everyone looking to fish or tube. Only issues I have are the bodies of water I go to are not huge, so boat may be a little over kill. BUT I guess with the bigger boat I can feel more comfortable hitting bigger lakes with the kids. Also where do you put your rods you are using for the day, is there a place other than rod lockers??? Just curious, I was also looking at the Ranger VX 1888 which is basically the tin version.

Cant wait to hear your review, CONGRATS

10. Member
    Nice!
    This is what I want when I grow up.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YELOSUB View Post
    Thank you...I’ll let you know how she performs when I get her broken in...I’m hoping mid 50’s for speed
    I would expect mid/upper 50’s. My Dad’s was pre the changes to 200HP rating so he’s running a 150HO ETEC... boat runs 46-47 with 4 people and gets there fast. I’m guessing that 200 will get you moving quickly
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

12. Member
    Congrats on the new boat!! Sharp looking and it is on a tandem trailer. That 200 should get you up in the mid 50's. I have the a 2015 and it is only rated for 175 so mine came with a 150 Merc 4 Stroke. I am seeing anywhere from 45-48 with two people and livewell full of water/fish. I also came from a fish n ski (99 Javelin Renegade FS20) and my Angler has way more room in it then my old Javelin. You will love how it handles and the fishing ability.
    2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Contemplating moving to a fish/ski or multi species type boat in the coming future. My 4 yr old is just starting to come out and fish, and have 8 month old twins that are about 3 yrs away from joining the fun. Needless to say my 18 foot Triton is great, but not something I can manage with family of five. Most of the time I will be solo or with my son, but coming soon it will be everyone looking to fish or tube. Only issues I have are the bodies of water I go to are not huge, so boat may be a little over kill. BUT I guess with the bigger boat I can feel more comfortable hitting bigger lakes with the kids. Also where do you put your rods you are using for the day, is there a place other than rod lockers??? Just curious, I was also looking at the Ranger VX 1888 which is basically the tin version.

There really isn't a place to put them when you move from spot to spot. I don't think there is enough room on the front deck to lay them flat and strap them down. Typically we keep them in the back and just lay them along the sides till we get to the next spot. I also don't take them all out either just the one or two I need then leave the rest in the locker. I always preferred fish n ski's or multi species boats over bass style boats when the kids were smaller. Less chance of them falling out and everyone gets a seat when we go out. Pretty tuff to put 4/6 people in a bass boat. Not a fan of tin boats so I never looked at them when I was buying my Ranger. With all the changes being made at Ranger these days I would recommend doing your homework before buying a tin Ranger. I heard they are not making them in Flippin any longer and they are making them where Trackers are made. Might be separate lines but you never know. The new rigs are all coming on EZ-Loader trailers as they shut down the RangerTrail plant.
    2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post

On our Ranger 212LS there are plastic pieces on both sides of the back seats with a strap. Just like the passenger side of a bass boat would have for rod storage, but without the organizer to put the butts of the rods into. Put the rod butts on the floor and lay the rods onto the plastic sides and strap them down with the Boat Buckle strap.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

15. Member
    Ok update to this thread! I have owned the boat for a little over 3 months and I absolutely love it...Breaking in the new Mercury pro XS was a little time consuming but I wanted to do it right...Now that it is completely broken in my top speed is roughly 52mph...That is with me, full tank of fuel, and fully loaded with all my fishing tackle and misc gear...I was wishing for a little bit higher top end but I’m happy...The ride is simply amazing, even when the weather and wind kick up...Pulling skiers and pulling tubs it does very well...Since I’m more of a fisherman, it does that really well too...I sold the Terrova that came with it and put a Ulterra on...That is a must for anyone, that trolling motor is the real deal...Love the layout of the boat, holds a ton of stuff, stereo sounds good...Really haven’t found anything I don’t like about the boat...Trailers really well, I got the tandem axle trailer...

16. Member
    Congrats on your new boat.

17. Member
    Ok update to this thread! I have owned the boat for a little over 3 months and I absolutely love it...Breaking in the new Mercury pro XS was a little time consuming but I wanted to do it right...Now that it is completely broken in my top speed is roughly 52mph...That is with me, full tank of fuel, and fully loaded with all my fishing tackle and misc gear...I was wishing for a little bit higher top end but I’m happy...The ride is simply amazing, even when the weather and wind kick up...Pulling skiers and pulling tubs it does very well...Since I’m more of a fisherman, it does that really well too...I sold the Terrova that came with it and put a Ulterra on...That is a must for anyone, that trolling motor is the real deal...Love the layout of the boat, holds a ton of stuff, stereo sounds good...Really haven’t found anything I don’t like about the boat...Trailers really well, I got the tandem axle trailer...
    Thank you...

18. Member
    Makes me feel better that I can only get 50 mph out of my boat
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

19. Member
    I've got the same motor on an aluminium boat of the same size and the same configuration. What propeller and what pitch are you using ?

20. Member
    Glad you like the boat! I only get 56 out of my 2019 Angler2080MS w/merc prosx 250 4-stroke. Where ya running that boat at down here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast