Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm going to have to get some kind of step. My new rig sits higher on the trailer and is a bit!! to get into. I'm 6'4" and struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDozer66 View Post
    The Trick Steps are a top quality item and well worth the price they sell for.

They stand behind their product in case you ever need anything.
    Love my Trick Steps. Put them on the last two Rangers I’ve owned and highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    I'm going to have to get some kind of step. My new rig sits higher on the trailer and is a bit!! to get into. I'm 6'4" and struggle.
    Ordered a set of trick steps on Friday.

4. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    I have had one boat that came with the Ranger two steps, I really liked them. I recently purchased a Z520R that have the flat step. With myself being in sixty's I looked at other options, etc. and they appeared that all are well made. However, after much gnashing of the teeth I went with the ranger steps again simply because they look like they "Belong there" to me. They are pricey. I removed my flat step cut off the three mounting tabs/ ground them down and fixed the road armor. Still to do is fix the pin stripe. Yep, it was a pain to do, but it looks great. I have seen another guy mount the ranger step with the pole under the factory flat step, using the flat step as the first step, etc. That looked good too in my opinion. So, I contend it's all a preference, what make you happy and what makes since to you, is the right decision for you! Best of luck. BTW my takeoff step is now for sale in the Miscellaneous /for sale section of the board.

A little off topic, but here's a heads up on the the Ranger factory steps from a 2018 Ranger
    I posted this a while back.

Yesterday while getting in the boat the bottom step snapped clean off. It gave no warning, and had been fine for the past three years. I weigh 230lbs. (It's about an "18 drop to the floor from that bottom step.) Turns out it was only welded to the tube frame.....Very little support.

Here are a few pics of my fix.

Welded 1/4" steel plate inside frame tube.

Welded receiver tube to plate & trailer frame.

Used Rust -Oleum Spray in truck bed liner to blend in with the Road armor.

Finished

6. Member
    After a ton of research, I bought a TrickStep with the removable bottom step. That removable bottom step is supposed to eliminate any part of the step sticking out further than the swing tongue when folded, which would effectively lengthen the trailer (I have no extra garage length space to spare so i needed to buy the RBS option.)It also should eliminate any chance for me to hit the lower step into my toe vehicle on a super sharp right turn.

the people at TrickStep were excellent to deal with.

it’s sitting in my garage waiting for me to install it. If the second shot of shingles vaccine wasn’t kicking my butt right now, it would already be installed lol
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12