Thread: well

well

well it has been a month since we posted here. figure i'd complain about the amount of fishing pressure this year. how is it where your at?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Wife and I will be adding to the fishing pressure for a couple weeks around the Roy Lake area starting Friday. If anyone sees the boat in my signature; swing by and say Hi.

Are the smallies in that area spawning or done spawning now?
    Charger 210 Elite

I would bet that most are on the back side of the spawn.

Thanks!
    Charger 210 Elite

I'm having a little remorse from bed fishing smallies earlier this week. Did avoid the lakes and days where it could be crowded with boat traffic.
    To fish or not to fish?
    What stupid question.

Yeah I feel bad for smallies during the spawn, good thing /bad thing about my local lake is it keeps turning over and that makes the visibility crap, but hopefully enough oxygen is still in the water for the spawn to survive

Yeah targeting spawners is really not our thing either. I was just trying to get an idea of what stage the fish were mostly in.
    Charger 210 Elite

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    Wife and I will be adding to the fishing pressure for a couple weeks around the Roy Lake area starting Friday. If anyone sees the boat in my signature; swing by and say Hi.

Are the smallies in that area spawning or done spawning now?
    How have you been doing around the area? Heading that way later this week for a few days, staying on Blue Dog but plan to fish Roy, Clear, Reetz...any water I can. First trip to the area!
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

We are still on some spawning fish here in Omaha. The spawn has lasted over a month here. So maybe there still a good bit going on in the glacial lakes.

Been doing decent on smallies. Mostly ned rig and drop shot. Saw a guide up here in the parking lot and he says they are just coming up to bed/spawn. Has been too windy to actually see if there are any beds or not.
    Charger 210 Elite

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    Been doing decent on smallies. Mostly ned rig and drop shot. Saw a guide up here in the parking lot and he says they are just coming up to bed/spawn. Has been too windy to actually see if there are any beds or not.
    I was on Mille Lacs last week and I don’t think the smallies had spawned yet. When it was calm you could see the fish just cruising in any water under 10’ but very few seemed locked on an area. It’s definitely got me excited to try the Glacial lakes for the first time, can’t wait to join you
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Was calm enough this afternoon/evening to actually check out a spawning area. Saw some beds (maybe 10) a few had what appeared to be males locked on them and a handful of beds with no fish anywhere around the bed.
    Charger 210 Elite

13. Member
    I don't think they have locked into beds yet... water warmed up extremely fast. Now that moon finally happened maybe they are up there but I haven't seen anything locked on a bed for a month