Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    This is the biggest and foremost reason I bought the Gpsmaps version. I simply don't like the cradle mount, to many areas for contact making contact and the fear of loosing a unit!. I know Garmin will claim user error! Maybe it isn't, to many post on this subject. I elected the )"safer route". Just my opinion though! Might be sometimes I don't trust myself! These units are to expensive for a simple mistake or per say
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

I should preface by saying I’ve never had a single issue with my units securely snapping inot the cradle. But, it’s a $2900 chartplotter on the bow. So, here’s the pins I installed on my 126sv to be safe. I added some heat shrink to them to cut down on scratching.
    IMG_1263.jpegIMG_1262.jpeg
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Quit being gentle with those 93's grab it and slam it into place.

4. Member
    I checked out the link that codster posted and decided to order one for each of my 106s. I just got them today and they are pretty slick. It’s a 3D printed part that was a very good fit. Probably a little expensive for what it is but I still felt like it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ike12 View Post
    Anyone have a solution to my issue? I love the fact that I can "snap into place" my Garmin 93SV that is on my BOW. But when I am running from spot to spot, it has now 3 times falling off and luckily only landed on my deck and not in the water...

What can I do to stop this from happening other than wrap a bungie around it which would be a terrible idea..

Thanks
    I have had my 93sv fall out of the cradle before. It is mounted to the right of my steering wheel. I caught it just as it fell out and was heading for the water. Turns out I was not fully seating it. I used to push it into the cradle until I heard a click. Turns out that was not enough. If I grab the cradle with my fingers and push further, I will hear a loud clunk. It has never fell out since I did that.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by W.O.T View Post
    sucks to spend big$$$$ for a Garmin unit only to have to buy a damn rubber band to keep it in place
    I can remember the day some of us had to place garbage bags over our trolling motor heads too keep them dry and running properly.

7. Member
    I was out fishing with my Father in law last weekend and asked him if he ever had trouble with his 73sv. he said no and I happened to pull on it a bit but it felt good. It was laying in the bottom of the boat when we got back home. I must have cursed him.
    Todd Kress
    1993 150HP XRI 17 pitch worked Tempest Plus
    OD232323
    1993 Procraft 200 combo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123