TJNYSNP

My 2000 203 Champion Transom Rebuild - pics folder

Found the disk that they gave after they completed the transom replacement back some 8 years ago

This is the folder with all the image. Some of you may find it interesting to see the structure of the 203 transom. Take notice of the baltec balsa board. At the time, composite hulls were not around my area easily to find someone with experience so i had a reputable shop do the transom replacement up in Sodus Bay off Lake Ontario. This was done some 8 years ago i believe.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...mt?usp=sharing

2. Member
    That is good stuff!! Thanks for resharing this. Excellent work!
    Miguel Perez

'00 ChampioN 186/Johnson 150 (Model J150PLEES, G 04654560)
    Scottsdale, AZ

Go Sun Devils!

3. Member
    What time to bring mine over for you to do. Want a new transom in coosa and extra bracing.

Thanks very interesting

2009 ELITE 210

5. Member
    Noticed some brown water coming from my tie down bracket. Took motor off and have some issues with one bolt hole wet and water seeping from crack at bottom of jack plate. If you don't mind what was the cost back then?
    David Disler / Porter TX

6. TJNYSNP
    Quote Originally Posted by DChamp View Post
    Noticed some brown water coming from my tie down bracket. Took motor off and have some issues with one bolt hole wet and water seeping from crack at bottom of jack plate. If you don't mind what was the cost back then?
    was $4.5k

How did you get the tank out? Mine is in so tight it seems impossible to move it...

Looks like great work. How is it holding up today?
    ReelBigJ
    2000 Champion 193
    200 Mercury EFI

9. TJNYSNP
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    How did you get the tank out? Mine is in so tight it seems impossible to move it...
    I gave up :( Drained out all the gasoline and was very excited to get that out and rewire some stuff under the tank.. but the sucker is so tight, i just lost my ambition to pull it out. That "access panel" doesn't seem to be there to give access... as someone said the carpet is on the screws and i have no idea where they are and i don't want to start making a mess i cannot clean up. Gotta get this boat fishing now :)