Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Too good to be true?

Anyone seen this cat out of Tulsa that’s catching all these giant bass? Just about every trip out he catches a 35 plus pound bag along with several huge fish? Usually gets a double digit fish or atleast an eight or nine. He claims all these fish are coming from 8-9 different public lakes in Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas. I questioned him on some things on Facebook and he blocked me. If he’s legit, great, but what he’s doing seems unreal to me unless he’s fishing a private lake. You can call me a hater or whatever, but if it’s too good to be true it probably is!

2. Member
    the guy is legit. He also finished 2nd in the first Skeeter XFL tournament on Grand fishing by himself. The guy knows how to read and use his electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy909 View Post
    Anyone seen this cat out of Tulsa that’s catching all these giant bass? Just about every trip out he catches a 35 plus pound bag along with several huge fish? Usually gets a double digit fish or atleast an eight or nine. He claims all these fish are coming from 8-9 different public lakes in Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas. I questioned him on some things on Facebook and he blocked me. If he’s legit, great, but what he’s doing seems unreal to me unless he’s fishing a private lake. You can call me a hater or whatever, but if it’s too good to be true it probably is!
    One of the most frustrating things about bass fishing. Too many people think because tgey can't do it that someone must be shady because they can do it. Too many good people get tgeir reputations tarnished by stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    One of the most frustrating things about bass fishing. Too many people think because tgey can't do it that someone must be shady because they can do it. Too many good people get tgeir reputations tarnished by stuff like this.
    So true, can't beat em, create stories and question creditably. Seen this many times over the years.

5. Member
    He's legit.

6. Member
    Im not trying to tarnish anybody’s reputation. There’s also not doubt that I can’t go out and catch a 35lb bag every time out or I’d be fishing for a living. But in six weeks he’s caught 60 over 7lbs, 40 over 8lbs. Also caught several double digit fish. Those numbers seem awfully steep to me is all I’m saying, to each is his own.

I wonder what lakes he’s fishing to get these big bass? 8 pounders are hard to come by yo here in Arkansas

8. Member
    Well, he ain't fishing in Delaware. Is the spawn on there?

9. Member
    even if he is fishing a private lake that is pretty impressive

10. Member
    Did he live in California?
    Praying for a Cure

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Did he live in California?

12. Banned
    Im not trying to tarnish anybody’s reputation. There’s also not doubt that I can’t go out and catch a 35lb bag every time out or I’d be fishing for a living. But in six weeks he’s caught 60 over 7lbs, 40 over 8lbs. Also caught several double digit fish. Those numbers seem awfully steep to me is all I’m saying, to each is his own.
    I totally agree with you assessment. Highly unlikely. That was a total bullshit reply on someone's part to say you or even referring that you were trying to tarnish anyone is crap. Moderator or not, Total bullshit response.

13. Member
    So you think that’s realistic Mark Perry? 110 fish over 7 lbs 42 days? Also, that’s what he saying not me.

So you think that’s realistic Mark Perry? 110 fish over 7 lbs 42 days? Also, that’s what he saying not me.

Prespawn, spawn throw in springtime...yeah its possible. I know some guys that catch bigs on a regular basis. They started winning, people started whispering so they put an observer in the boat....they still won and still do very well.

Its always happens when someone has success or does better than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    I totally agree with you assessment. Highly unlikely. That was a total bullshit reply on someone's part to say you or even referring that you were trying to tarnish anyone is crap. Moderator or not, Total bullshit response.
    What does being a moderator have to do with having an opinion?......did I tell the OP not to post anything or did I threaten him with closing the post?...not at all so the moderator part is just silly. You are grasping at straws here trying to start an argument. He posted a question, asked for opinions, I gave mine. He clearly stated if its too good to be true it probably is. Sure reads like he is doubting the guy by that comment.

16. Member
    Who is it?

17. Banned
    Josh Jones. Never heard of him but seems to be good, no reason to believe anything else.

18. Member
    What does being a moderator have to do with having an opinion?......did I tell the OP not to post anything or did I threaten him with closing the post?...not at all so the moderator part is just silly. You are grasping at straws here trying to start an argument. He posted a question, asked for opinions, I gave mine. He clearly stated if its too good to be true it probably is. Sure reads like he is doubting the guy by that comment.
    It didn't appear to me that the original poster was bad mouthing the guy at all. He was merely stating his opinion that it seemed a little suspect......I can see why he would think that. Now......if the original poster went on this guys Facebook page and his questions were more of an attack then that would be a different thing. We have no idea what he asked the guy on Facebook. Seems like you took it straight to "tarnishing reputations" and calling the guy "shady".

19. idbefishing
    I'm not accusing anybody of anything but it does sound like a Mike Long story

20. Member
    Isn't he an Okmulgee/Dripping springs guy? not too hard to believe if you figure them out and get to fish 7 days a week. I would say its pretty doable for the right person (obviously not me).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast