Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Age Range of Coronavirus Cases in Ohio

Our governor is doing everything he can to save our lives and I appreciate it. He provided an update this afternoon. With limited testing there are 88 confirmed cases in Ohio.

The age range of the people who have tested positive is 2 to 91. The 2-year-old is hospitalized. The median age is 48.5 years. Thirty-three patients are female and 55 male.

There is nothing statistically significant about this but we get updated reports every afternoon from him.

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/...-briefing.html
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Probably what you’d expect. People protect their kids and older family members, but those 20-50 probably take more chances because they aren’t high risk.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    They aren't high risk to the complications, but a high risk virus spreader nonetheless.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/healt...m_source=twCNN

This is something to watch. I have been saying for a couple days the young better be careful. The first confirmed corona patient at my wifes hospital was a 20 something. The age make up of Baltimore City cases are showing the same thing. Something doesn't add up. I think it will be the vaping but thats just my tinfoil hat idea.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    Maine has only had a relative handful of confirmed cases but they revealed yesterday that statewide to-date they'd only performed less than 1700 tests in total. Lots of folks have been dealing with cold and flu-like symptoms but not tested so we don't have any data like that

6. Member
    We had a 8 month old hospitalized yesterday in Ky, 35 cases reported so far and big percentage is over sixty!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosin View Post
    They aren't high risk to the complications, but a high risk virus spreader nonetheless.
    The 65 and older crowd are for the most part retired and kids are all home from school. The 20-60 crowd is still working so no real surprise that’s where most of your cases are happening. In my opinion allowing everyone to keep working like your big factories while keeping the kids home is doing absolutely nothing. In my opinion they either lock everything down or open everything up. Parents working will still pass it on to their kids and a lot of these kids are mixing with kids from other schools now because parents have to work and someone has to watch their kids. That someone could be 20 miles away from where they live. It’s no different than Christmas break. We all know what usually happens after Christmas break illnesses usually spike. It’s here and the measures we are taking aren’t slowing this thing down. Italy has been locked down for two weeks and they reported 4,000 new cases yesterday and 475 deaths and we can all agree China is lying about their #’s.

8. Member
    No other gender has it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    No other gender has it yet?
    Underrated comment right here. Kudos to you sir.

10. Member
    Unless there is more than one 2 year old, he is not hospitalized and is running around the house acting crazy again. My source is straight from the boys father who also tested positive
    Last edited by Duece22; 03-19-2020 at 08:13 AM.

11. Member
    ive heard healthy younger folks should think about trying to stay healthy....
    local grapevine, there some healthy young folks in bad shape because of this deal

12. Member
    https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html

The average range here is 18-49 year olds. They will most likely recover. Who knows how much they will spread the virus walking around without symptoms? This age group is the norm for Ubur Eats, Grub Hub, UPS, Fed Ex, etc...

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gthunter5 View Post
    ive heard healthy younger folks should think about trying to stay healthy....
    local grapevine, there some healthy young folks in bad shape because of this deal

I just heard the same "There are more younger people coming down with problems associated with this virus. The US has more numbers of younger people 18-35 getting the virus than that of both Italy and France.. Unknown channel as I was 'going 'round the horn' The Dr. did however have on a bow tie.

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I just heard the same "There are more younger people coming down with problems associated with this virus. The US has more numbers of younger people 18-35 getting the virus than that of both Italy and France.. Unknown channel as I was 'going 'round the horn' The Dr. did however have on a bow tie.
    Probably more 18-35 year olds contracting the disease because they are not isolating themselves as much as older people. People also distinguish youth with health. I see plenty of younger people that are out of shape and unhealthy. Lots of young kids smoke, vape, overweight, eat high amounts of sugar. Lots of young kids are desk jockeys now, physical labor jobs are avoided like the plague now. All these factors will age someone very quickly and your age simply becomes nothing more than a # and not a reflection of your true health.

15. Banned
    underlying health conditions seems to be common

16. Member
    If you saw the videos of that age group on the beaches during spring break smoking or vaping and drinking it's not hard to figure why they might take over as the age group most likely to be sick. You are bullet proof at that age and we know this as Boomers from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cneubass79 View Post
    Probably more 18-35 year olds contracting the disease because they are not isolating themselves as much as older people. People also distinguish youth with health. I see plenty of younger people that are out of shape and unhealthy. Lots of young kids smoke, vape, overweight, eat high amounts of sugar. Lots of young kids are desk jockeys now, physical labor jobs are avoided like the plague now. All these factors will age someone very quickly and your age simply becomes nothing more than a # and not a reflection of your true health.

When you look at the average age death wise its not the 18-40yr olds dying from it. They may get sick but they are the ones recovering. Exactly what they stated is happening. Young folks get it and get over it for the most part.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 03-19-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Also seems to be more evidence that the amount of time the virus lives in the air is way shorter than first thought. Many sources are saying you have to have more direct contact to become infected such as a touch etc.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 03-19-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Also seems to be more evidence that the amount of time the virus lives in the air is way shorter than first thought. Many sources are saying you have to have more direct contact to be ome infected such as a touch etc.
    NOOOO WAAYYYYYY
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    NOOOO WAAYYYYYY

We were told today just encountering an infected person would not warrant a test. There has to be direct contact or equipment malfunction bad enough to cause person to person contact.

Apparently only NBA teams get tested at tge drop of a hat.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast