Plastic rejuvenation product

Have a 2017 520c and have noticed that the plastic pieces by throttle handle and by coangler handle seem to be fading. Tried using a plastic cleaner etc to clean it up but it still has that dull faded look. Has anyone used one of those plastic rejuvenaters or do you have any suggestions. Thanks Adam

2. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Aerospace 303, will do it, best out there.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Call Ranger, they'll ask for pics. There was a problem with the plastic trim and they have been replacing under warranty
    2B576211

4. Member
    I tried everything on my 2015 due to them almost looking gray. I took mine off, scrubbed them with rubbing alcohol and scotchbrite pad, sprayed with bulldog adhesion promoter and then krylon matte black for plastic. Looks brand new. The only pita was removing the glued on carpet and replacing it.

5. Member
    303 Aerospace would get my vote. I use it on the plastic trim pieces on our 04 4Runner and they look brand new.

6. Member
    that like new stuff works great

7. Member
    try mothers back to black it works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by svtlightning93 View Post
    I tried everything on my 2015 due to them almost looking gray. I took mine off, scrubbed them with rubbing alcohol and scotchbrite pad, sprayed with bulldog adhesion promoter and then krylon matte black for plastic. Looks brand new. The only pita was removing the glued on carpet and replacing it.
    Scrubbing with alcohol and scotchbrite are probably the worst two things you can do if you want to preserve the yinyl.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

9. Member
    I use Aerospace 303 on these spots. My 2014 was a little neglected by the original owner on up keep. Put 303 on these spots and it looks brand new. Apply a couple times a year when doing a deep cleaning.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

10. Member
    Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    Scrubbing with alcohol and scotchbrite are probably the worst two things you can do if you want to preserve the yinyl.
    Not trying to preserve the vinyl, cleaning and scuffing the material so the paint will adhere to it. I tried every product including back to black, barely made a difference on mine so I painted them.

12. mikesxpress
    Adam I used this last year and it still looks like new today.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....highlight=Trim

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    First time I’ve heard of the Wipe New product, Mike. Looking forward to hearing more about how this product performs. I have used Back to Black, which is less expensive, but it only last 2-3 months between treatments in the areas that really take a beating, like back in the splashwell area.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

14. mikesxpress
    John I only like to do things once, so I knew just replacement of the trim piece wasn't going to truly "fix" it. That replacement trim piece would turn color in a year, I'm out $40, and it would still look like crap.
    303 protectant is great for the seats but only a Band-Aide surface treatment for plastic trim as it cannot penetrate the plastic.

Not knowing the performance characteristics of this wipe on stuff I was willing to give it a test based on a local vehicle detailer that has been using it on bumper trim. So far so good!

Might want to add my original trim post to the top section?
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 03-21-2020 at 07:45 AM.

15. Member
    Anyone tried Cerakote? I see it on amazon.

16. Member
    Cerakote has to be baked to cure, lowest temp is about 2hrs at 200 deg , not sure what the melting temp is on the side panels. I prepped and sprayed mine with paint specifically for plastic and is holding up great. My panels were almost grey from fading.