Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I currently am out of 2 jobs. I work for a tour bus company part time, and own a food truck. My event this coming weekend was canceled. People aren't traveling so no part timers can work.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    Who else expects to have no income for the next month or two at least? No unemployment for those who are self employed.
    Not me. My Pension check and SS check come in EVERY SINGLE MONTH on time. I'll probably do more Golfing because the Courses will empty. Sure hope the Sun Shines...

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    Not me. My Pension check and SS check come in EVERY SINGLE MONTH on time. I'll probably do more Golfing because the Courses will empty. Sure hope the Sun Shines...
    Thinks get bad enough and the pension could be in trouble.

4. Banned
    The Key words there is ( Could Be ), This will be over way before that will be of any thought.

5. Banned
    A table lined with men from the depression era,WWII and Cuban missile crisis would have prepared ya for
    anything .

6. Banned
    Sad but we will get over it...imagine if this was a war were we were sending everyone away to get killed.....

7. Member
    I feel bad for those that will be impacted financially. No one could ever imagine a world wide event like this. We can pray this is short term. The last thing you need is for me to tell you I saved this or get this pension or that SSI.

I can't help all of you. But my wife and I have decided to use what ittle extra we have to help neighbors in these times of needs. That is the best I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    I don’t know about all that,but I paid cash for my house and my boat when we bought them. I’m self employed so right now I’m damn glad I don’t have many bills.
    Oh, I understand. Lot of members laugh and think it’s a joke to pay as one goes. They joke about the ones that pay cash for vehicles, boats, or most anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    I currently am out of 2 jobs. I work for a tour bus company part time, and own a food truck. My event this coming weekend was canceled. People aren't traveling so no part timers can work.
    I work as a stagehand so yeah....
    LET'S GO BLUES!!! WILL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2024?

Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    Good for you buddy
    LET'S GO BLUES!!! WILL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2024?

11. Banned
    Heavenly Father,
    Heal the sick, protect the healthy, comfort the fearful, draw close the lonely, save the lost. In Jesus name amen.

12. Member
    Wife works for airline. It’s coming 65% of household income could be gone

Wife works in hospital in the lab, safe there
    I have the poultry farm, guess I'm ok
    Son is an electrician ???
    Daughter is a teacher and second job works at a jewelry store, so she might be in trouble. No worries, her room is just like it was the day she left. We're family and we have God. We got this, because He's got us
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

I’m good for about 2 months.

Just closed on a house 1 1/2 weeks ago. Filled the fridge, and pantry, not because of Corona, but because I don’t move food.

If the places I work, shut down, I would do everything I could, to get in, and fix stuff. It would be a time to catch up.

Other than the house, no debt.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day

Teach a man to fish, he will complain that you stole his fishing spot.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Well, anything would help. That’d pay for 1/2 of 1 months electric bill.
    Well if $1,000 is half of your 1 month electric bill you are in a way higher income bracket then most.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    A little over a week ago my employer announce if an employee feels sick they can go home and there will be nothing counted against their attendance. You can take vacation or paid time off if you want to get paid but if you chose to you can simply just lose your pay for the time you are off and nothing is counted as an unexcused absence. Strange thing is you do not have to show a doctor's statement. Over the last 8-9 days I have seen a lot of "payday" and "income tax refund" sickness. At the first of this week they announced any employee who test positive for corona will get 14 days off with pay. Plus the company set aside 25 million dollars to help employees that will contract the corona virus. I know some may ask what employer would do this. I will give you a hint. The CEO of the company I work for is the world's richest persons according to the Forbes list. When the stock market goes up/down he will lose/gain Billions not millions. Setting aside 25 million to help employees is a greatly appreciated gesture but in reality it's a drop in the bucket of his net worth.

17. Member
    I work for an ems helicopter company and we were told nothing is shutting down. If you feel sick stay home but get dr note for reason of sickness. Wife is in healthcare so hopefully we will be ok. Im 32 and this is the first major thing I have dealt with since living on my own and will definitely open your eyes. Luckily i do have some money set aside but I know alot that live paycheck to paycheck that will fall on hard times.

I'm fortunate enough so far that this will not affect my income. It will make my job a bit more difficult and/or interesting but still alive and employed. I pray for those of you and those out there that will be really affected. But remember, it is temporary and things will get better.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

I count myself as lucky to have a job with security in these times. I'm an LMSW at a crisis clinic so I'll be fine. Some of my siblings are gonna be out of work for awhile but they are all pretty well set financially so it's not gonna be a problem...Prayers to those who are at risk of financial setbacks..

20. Member
    My wife has serious health issues and has been retired for months, I’m an on sight contractor with signed contract covering the next five years.....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast