Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Installing older version on Ultra 106sv

After reading a post from LWINCHESTER2, I decided to try switching back to an earlier software version on my Echomap Ultra 1006sv and LVS 32. Like many of you, I upgraded recently to the new version that added the Perspective feature, fabricated a transducer mount that let me move the transducer horizontally. It is a great new feature! But the software update also had some unexpected changes as reported on this forum. So I decided to roll back to a prior version. Disclaimer: If you follow the procedure I used and your unit bricks, I am not responsible! Having said that, here is the procedure I followed. I had the download from the upgrade to Version 10.0 on my laptop and copied it to a 32gb sd card. There is a procedure on the Garmin support website that describes forcing an update. The procedure to initiate this process is slightly different for touch screen units and non-touchscreen units. In my case, it involved inserting the sd card into the unit (while the unit is powered down) and holding down the power button. Be sure your GLS 10 is attached through the network cable and powered. Once the update started, the Echomap unit was upgraded, the the network was scanned, the GLS 10 was identified, then it was updated. Everything went very smoothly. I then performed a Factory Reset. There have been posts about this procedure voiding the warranty. I simply followed a procedure from the Garmin support website using a file that was also downloaded from the same website.

If you want to try to roll back the software on your Echomap unit to V10.0 as per the instructions above but do not have the update files, I ZIPPED the file and uploaded it to Dropbox. This is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dflk7v34xm...teV10.zip?dl=0

Unzip the file and there should be a folder called "Garmin". Copy that folder to an sd card and you will be able to do a "Forced Update" using that sd card. When you are done, your unit will be at V10.0 and the GLS will be at V2.20. Do this at your own risk!
    Last edited by aero320; 03-16-2020 at 10:32 AM.

2. Member
    I had a heck of a time finding the force update docs on their site. Here is the link for anyone interested: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...kXAjRpH9FhJ1u8 Now I just need to find the 17.10 zip for GPSMAP. Looks like Garmin removes old versions from their download site.

3. Member
    Thankyou for posting this. I’ve always kept the prior update on my computer and rotate sd cards to keep the prior version on a card just in case. Though I did not do the new update and have never needed to roll back, this is great info. This should alleviate some of the extreme anxiety others are experiencing until Garmin comes up with a fix.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

Does anyone have 2.1 or 2.2 for an EchoMap 93SV+

Email is bullpupp@comcast.net

Ty!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Does anyone have 2.1 or 2.2 for an EchoMap 93SV+

Email is bullpupp@comcast.net

Ty!!
    Just emailed you the link from my DropBox account that has the file you are looking for. Has the updates for all Echomap units. Software for Echomap is 10.0 and software for black box is 2.20.

6. Member
    Do you lose your waypoints?

7. Member
    How long did you have to hold down the power button before "Holding" appeared on the screen as the Forced Update instructions say? It won't come up for me.

Nevermind, i have an EM+93sv unit and realized it's not considered a touchscreen unit for this. I had to hold down the 4 button in addition to the power button.
    Last edited by lane_meyer1; 04-03-2020 at 09:12 AM.

93sv+ Mine just sits on "Recovery loader ready"

Any help?? Ty
    Last edited by MonteSS; 04-03-2020 at 11:22 AM.

9. Member
    YEAH!!!!!!!

I got my livescope back!!!!!

106sv

Thanks to all that were willing to help me !!!

Thanks to

10. Member
    So the forced update went OK? 2.20?

11. Member
    Perfect!
    I scared me at first, when the message " Ready for update "
    took a minute to go away.
    But soon it started loading.
    5 minutes and i got my excellent livescope back.
    AND I didn't even turn on the wifi.
    No accidental upgrades from my phone.

12. Member
    I guess I'm out of the Active Captain club, but id rather be in

the Happy Captain Club!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aero320 View Post
    After reading a post from LWINCHESTER2, I decided to try switching back to an earlier software version on my Echomap Ultra 1006sv and LVS 32. Like many of you, I upgraded recently to the new version that added the Perspective feature, fabricated a transducer mount that let me move the transducer horizontally. It is a great new feature! But the software update also had some unexpected changes as reported on this forum. So I decided to roll back to a prior version. Disclaimer: If you follow the procedure I used and your unit bricks, I am not responsible! Having said that, here is the procedure I followed. I had the download from the upgrade to Version 10.0 on my laptop and copied it to a 32gb sd card. There is a procedure on the Garmin support website that describes forcing an update. The procedure to initiate this process is slightly different for touch screen units and non-touchscreen units. In my case, it involved inserting the sd card into the unit (while the unit is powered down) and holding down the power button. Be sure your GLS 10 is attached through the network cable and powered. Once the update started, the Echomap unit was upgraded, the the network was scanned, the GLS 10 was identified, then it was updated. Everything went very smoothly. I then performed a Factory Reset. There have been posts about this procedure voiding the warranty. I simply followed a procedure from the Garmin support website using a file that was also downloaded from the same website.

If you want to try to roll back the software on your Echomap unit to V10.0 as per the instructions above but do not have the update files, I ZIPPED the file and uploaded it to Dropbox. This is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dflk7v34xm...teV10.zip?dl=0

Unzip the file and there should be a folder called "Garmin". Copy that folder to an sd card and you will be able to do a "Forced Update" using that sd card. When you are done, your unit will be at V10.0 and the GLS will be at V2.20. Do this at your own risk!
    I read here where aero 320 also did a Factory Reset?
    Did you perform this? I seen on Garmin website it will wipe unit clean. Remove way points.
    I am wondering if I can skip this step.

14. Member
    Is necessary to do a "forced update" to go back too the original version, or will a standard update work?

Thanks, John

15. Member
    Yes, normally UPdate; but you need to “force” to DOWNdate.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hagins View Post
    Is necessary to do a "forced update" to go back too the original version, or will a standard update work?

Thanks, John

16. Member
    Thank you!

John

17. Member
    Question about 1022xsv. I did the rollback and it updated the GLS10 now it is back to 2.2. My 1022xsv is at 18.10. Is this correct to get back to prior to update?

Thanks, John
    Last edited by John Hagins; 04-05-2020 at 12:36 PM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    I read here where aero 320 also did a Factory Reset?
    Did you perform this? I seen on Garmin website it will wipe unit clean. Remove way points.
    I am wondering if I can skip this step.
    Dr. Drop, I backed up all the waypoints first onto my Active Captain sd card, then removed it, then did the update. Set everything back to factory, then inserted the AC sd card and copied the waypoints back to the unit. Worked great.

19. Banned
    aero 320 can u email me a update rollback for 92sv plus same as 93 except for maps 10.0 and 2.2 for box plz include instructions on how to perform these functions and thank you

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aero320 View Post

I am working up the nerve to do this rollback and I have a few questions.
    1. Does rolling it back get rid of the "ghost tree"?
    2. Do you do the factory reset before, after, or both during the rollback or do you need to do it at all?
    Thank you for all your help and for sharing the file for the rollback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast