Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I also have the Ghost tree and it is very irritating because it was not there before the first update! I have the Ultra 102SV W/O Transducer just the LVS32 livescope. Is the zipped file the same for the 102SV as the 106SV? Also like the question above do you have to do the factory reset at all or just restart unit?
    Thank you!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeker50 View Post
    I am working up the nerve to do this rollback and I have a few questions.
    1. Does rolling it back get rid of the "ghost tree"?
    2. Do you do the factory reset before, after, or both during the rollback or do you need to do it at all?
    Thank you for all your help and for sharing the file for the rollback.
    It did for me. I reset before and after per recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh27 View Post
    I also have the Ghost tree and it is very irritating because it was not there before the first update! I have the Ultra 102SV W/O Transducer just the LVS32 livescope. Is the zipped file the same for the 102SV as the 106SV? Also like the question above do you have to do the factory reset at all or just restart unit?
    Thank you!

The file covers all units in the series it’s released for. You must run the exe file and let the program copy the update files to the SD card destination. It’s recommended to at least restore sonar defaults before and after.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    It did for me. I reset before and after per recommendations.

The file covers all units in the series it’s released for. You must run the exe file and let the program copy the update files to the SD card destination. It’s recommended to at least restore sonar defaults before and after.

Thank you for your reply, I am glad you got good results.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hagins View Post
    Question about 1022xsv. I did the rollback and it updated the GLS10 now it is back to 2.2. My 1022xsv is at 18.10. Is this correct to get back to prior to update?

Thanks, John
    2.2 was 17.10

5. Member
    I did the rollback and was able to get out on the water ahead of the hurricane to try it out. I have not played with any of the settings and the ghost tree is barely visible but its still there but it's 100% better than it was. I did a factory reset before and after and I thought I had saved my way points to an sd card but I lost them. It's a small price to pay for getting my livescope back. Thank you to Aero320 for this thread.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeker50 View Post
    I did the rollback and was able to get out on the water ahead of the hurricane to try it out. I have not played with any of the settings and the ghost tree is barely visible but its still there but it's 100% better than it was. I did a factory reset before and after and I thought I had saved my way points to an sd card but I lost them. It's a small price to pay for getting my livescope back. Thank you to Aero320 for this thread.

Not that it helps you at this point but I think restoring sonar defaults is all you need to do. At most a restore default settings which doesn’t erase user content.

7. Member
    So I bought about 4 weeks ago a 1022 non touch with live scope and the LVS32 transducer and the version it came with is 2.41 (or 2.42) one of the 2. Anyway, it has the ghost tree. Do ya'll think the roll back would work on mine? I would really like a clearer screen if it is possible. Thanks.

8. Member
    Here is what I don't understand. Why does Garmin not just release a software update that just puts the older version that does not have any problems that their latest version has caused. A software version that you can simply just update. I bought the Echomap Ultra 122 with the Livescope and perspective mode transducer system. Its got the latest version 13.20 on the units and 2.41 on the Livescope. I don't think I am having any problems but heck I never had the older version to compare it to. I definitely don't have the ghost tree like I have seen in a lot of the posts. Did the latest update impact certain processors and not others? Also it surprises the heck out of me that their software writers cant come up with a simple patch for each different processor that they make. After all they wrote the code in the first place. I know my former employer IT department always had to beta test any Microsoft version or other work related software they were considering buying to identify potential problems. This stuff is not rocket science. But probably Garmin had only allowed so much money to spend on the software updates and beta testing. If there is a problem, they got to wait until the bean counters let the programers try and fix it. The smucks like us who trusted them to sale us a product that works like they said it would just have to live with it until they fix it. My opinion updates should be put out to add new features and not to fix problems that should not be there in the first place.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 08-29-2020 at 10:01 PM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Here is what I don't understand. Why does Garmin not just release a software update that just puts the older version that does not have any problems that their latest version has caused.
    They did. v2.30 is the one that caused all the uproar. In v2.33 they reverted the gain tables back to the v2.20 gain tables. v2.41 improved the stitching boundaries.
    However, there are still some that challenge this saying that v2.20 has the best performance. A few claim that remnants of the earlier version can't be replaced with an update. I am running v2.20 and v2.41 at the same time and displayed side by side on an 8616 taking care to use the same settings on both. There's really not a lot of difference with the edge going to v2.41. I'm not going to do this much longer. There's just no point to it.

Also it surprises the heck out of me that their software writers cant come up with a simple patch for each different processor that they make.
    There are not different versions for different processors. The GLS10 handles all the processing. The data to be displayed is then transferred via ethernet to the unit to display it. On the display you can it's control brightness, etc. on how you look at it or send instructions back to the GLS10 for controls that relate to the data.

Livescope on one unit is the same as livescope on another unit if the settings are the same. It can look different based on the size of the screen, settings, resolution etc. If you are not going to use Perspective, certainly there's nothing wrong with staying on v2.20. Perspective is quiet limited in its use. It is primarily a shallow water function. I would call it very shallow. I am not campaigning against using v2.20. If that suits you, go for it.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 08-30-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

10. Member
    Thanks for clearing that up. It just seems most of the people posting problems have the 93 models but again I could be wrong. Like I say I don't think i have the problems but sure feel sorry for the ones that do. Regardless of what model you have, they ain't cheap.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adventurejack View Post
    So I bought about 4 weeks ago a 1022 non touch with live scope and the LVS32 transducer and the version it came with is 2.41 (or 2.42) one of the 2. Anyway, it has the ghost tree. Do ya'll think the roll back would work on mine? I would really like a clearer screen if it is possible. Thanks.
    Did for mine that came with a later version.

Despite what some of the Garmin fanboys say, the newest version still has not fixed ghost tree and you should not have to drastically alter the settings to reduce it.

12. Member
    Please let us in on the secret. Who is it that said any version fixed the ghost tree? Except of course, the people who say roll back to 2.20? I do read some of them posting that it gets rid of it. It's been in every version I've used and I've used every version.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 08-30-2020 at 08:42 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Please let us in on the secret. Who is it that said any version fixed the ghost tree? Except of course, the people who say roll back to 2.20? I do read some of them posting that it gets rid of it. It's been in every version I've used and I've used every version.
    It’s not on mine (rolling back eliminated it) and I’ve yet to see anyone saying otherwise who have downgraded other than a few Garmin fanatics. All have given positive updates to rolling back. I sure as heck never saw it on any the the thousands of LS videos I’ve watched since it came out.

Why is that people want to pretend it’s a normal thing that’s always been there? Humminbird has had issues with a lot of their updates. It hasn’t stopped people from buying their stuff. It’s OK to acknowledge Garmin created a problem that didn’t exist before. Shit happens. You can love a product and still criticize it at the same time.

14. Member
    Original livescope from 2019, scroll to 2:41 in the video for ghost tree footage
    Last edited by BASStard6344; 08-31-2020 at 07:09 PM.

15. Member
    Here’s another video from 2018 from a Garmin pro staffer that also has the ghost tree, long before any software updates

16. Member
    Wow! With the thousands of videos he's watched you'd think he would have seen some of these. And, if he had used his own in the right location with a hard bottom, and range set wide enough, especially with 0 degree mount he's using, he would have some personal experience with the ghost tree.

Oh well. This happens on here from time to time. People with limited experience with a product are suddenly really expert. The bashing of people who honestly report different experiences though can be tougher to swallow. That's how it goes on these boards though. After he's used his unit six months or so, he may have a different opinion. By the way. It is a fact that the ghost tree has been there since day 1 in certain terrains. I've had to eat crow before and it's tough. I totally miss how stating that objective fact about a negative performance makes anyone a fanboy or fanatic. It's an observation. This crow will be his to eat though. No fun.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 08-31-2020 at 11:00 PM.

17. Member
    The ghost tree has been there since the beginning, so has the dead zone. All I know for sure is the dead zone for me has increased since the introduction of the perspective view software. Garmin has changed everything of mine several times with zero improvement. They are now sending me the pre Perspective View software on an SD card to try. I really hope it helps. They admit that they are about out of options for me and my situation.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    The ghost tree has been there since the beginning, so has the dead zone. All I know for sure is the dead zone for me has increased since the introduction of the perspective view software. Garmin has changed everything of mine several times with zero improvement. They are now sending me the pre Perspective View software on an SD card to try. I really hope it helps. They admit that they are about out of options for me and my situation.
    I have been in contact many times with Garmin with the same issue. Garmin has repeatedly told me that they cannot send the old software to roll it back. Glad you got yours.

Looking for Echomap update 22.1/2.61 hate 23.1
    \"We the People\"

Quote Originally Posted by lurehead03 View Post
    Looking for Echomap update 22.1/2.61 hate 23.1
    Here...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day...teach a man to fish and, he'll lay out of work, miss dinner dates with the wife....and live happily ever after"

"He, who dies with the most toys, wins"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12