Nitro Z20 dash power button issue

Just picked up a 2020 Z20 and tested everything at delivery and then again last night in the garage. Everything worked fine. This morning main power switch at dash ain’t powering up. When I hit the button it lights up red but doesn’t power the dash up and goes out as I release it. I want to say when it powered last night as it should it lit up green and stayed that way. Batteries are fully charged. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I should add I have power everywhere else... motor, troll motor, lumbar seat button etc.

3. Member
    Check to make sure your main power switch (Red) in the battery compartment is all the way over in the on position,

4. Member
    The red power shut off in the battery compartment is working properly. Im also getting 12v to the fuse block under the dash and several other places. Checked the dash power switch connection several times. Seems good. The power switch lights up red as long as I’m pushing it so it appears it’s getting power. Maybe simply a bad switch?

U can try disconnecting the battery for 15 seconds. Assuming all power is going thru the switch I am guessing you have done this. Probably a bad switch panel.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Did you figure it out?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joeljavelin View Post
    Did you figure it out?
    Something in the motherboard quit working. Dealer installed a new board and it’s worked fine ever since

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco122 View Post
    I should add I have power everywhere else... motor, troll motor, lumbar seat button etc.
    LUMBAR seat button!?!? Any chance my Z19 pro will have on of these?

Im old and my back hurts...
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

9. Member

Opposite problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco122 View Post
    Just picked up a 2020 Z20 and tested everything at delivery and then again last night in the garage. Everything worked fine. This morning main power switch at dash ain’t powering up. When I hit the button it lights up red but doesn’t power the dash up and goes out as I release it. I want to say when it powered last night as it should it lit up green and stayed that way. Batteries are fully charged. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    my switch works but red light don’t come on and I keep leaving power on

10. Member
    My 2020 Z19 pro has been giving me trouble my question is the dash switch panel plug and play? I started having switch trouble: no horn, nav lights came them self and one live well recirculate came on it self then none of the switches worked. I talked to a Nitro dealer he said sounded like a bad switch panel so found the switch panel online at Spyder Controls and ordered it. Can I just swap the panel out or is there a some type of programming that needs done?

11. Member
    Yes, the switch panel is plug and play. Had to replace mine two months ago but luckily it was cover under my extended warranty.
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS

12. Member
    Rob V thanks you were right, plug and play!

13. Member
    Had similar problem on my 2021 z21. Push the main power button and the dash would light up, then everything went off. Ended up being a bad 20amp breaker. 12.8v going in 2.3v coming out. Dealer took care of me!

14. Member
    Thought my panel went out also. Traced it back to the 20 amp breaker also.
    Gmc40

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyjamesmc40 View Post
    Thought my panel went out also. Traced it back to the 20 amp breaker also.
    Do you know where the 20amp breaker is?

Just took off shrink wrap and hooked main battery positive up and the information part comes on but power button for touch screen to control baitwell just blinks red and it worked fine last year. I am charging all my batteries to see if thats a issue.