Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Thinking I will be disappointed with this update. Already have a 360 for seeing the structure I am fishing. Use my Livescope n forward view to see the fish swimming, their depth and seeing my bait. Not sure how that will work with this new view.

2. Member
    Garmin’s “LIVE” 360, LOL
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 02-25-2020 at 08:05 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Yes, looks to be a software update.....

This is direct from Garmin website in the news article:

The new LiveScope Perspective Mode mount is expected to be available in March 2020 and will retail for $99.99. LiveScope is compatible with GPSMAP® 8400/8600 series MFDs, GPSMAP 7400/7600 series, GPSMAP 7x2/9x2/12x2 Touch/7x2 Plus/9x2 Plus/12x2 Plus series, ECHOMAP™ Plus 70cv/70sv/90sv series, ECHOMAP™ UHD 70cv/70sv/90sv series and the ECHOMAP™ Ultra series. For more information, videos and images, visit garmin.com/panoptix.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I understand the thought but this turning the transducer is a pain I guess one could buy 2 scope and another unit for side by side but at that point 360 mega might work better if the pic is clearer.

5. Member
    Looking at the mount, it appears you'll be able to turn it as easily as you can now on both axis.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Garmin’s 360, LOL
    You laugh, but for the guys that already have Livescope, this is a very easy adapter and costs very little to upgrade. It also has a live image rather than a snapshot in time and wait for the sonar to spin. Live is going to be much more effective. I will give it to Humminbird on image quality for the Mega 360, but this is a truly great addition for guys running the Garmin system. It just reduced my expenditure for next season by about $3,000 as I was gonna do a Helix 10 and Mega 360. Don't need to now.

7. Member
    Anyone know if the new mount will be immediately compatible with the pole from Fishing Specialties? I can't tell if the down-reach will be enough or not to clear the bottom of the pole.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    How many of the other guys do that??

Can't wait to try this! Great for bass fishing!
    Looks like your still 20 degrees top to bottom when you turn it sideways, instead of left to right in traditional position, so I am not sure what that would equate to? maybe 10' or so?

9. Member
    To cool you guys down a little bit, this $99.99 mount is NOT PERFECT! It can’t adjust in vertical axle when in Perspective mode.

My DIYed “product” rotates 360x360, LOL.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishforbass View Post
    Looks like your still 20 degrees top to bottom when you turn it sideways, instead of left to right in traditional position, so I am not sure what that would equate to? maybe 10' or so?
    you can see out up to 200 feet though! What does that 20 degrees get you then? A huge field!

11. Member
    Looks like I am adding a Garmin to the front my boat this year.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

12. Member
    If I am looking at the image correctly looks like real time side imaging. I see shadows on the objects on the bottom.
    I wonder if you will be able to see your lure if it is in the field of view?
    You will defiantly be able to pin point brush piles easier.

13. Member
    You got it! This is why Garmin says this mode is good for “shallow” water.

Meanwhile, This is why I say the $99.99 mount is not perfect. We need a mount that is able to adjust easily in the vertical axle in perspective mode.

14. Member
    Fast forward to about 40 seconds...

15. Member
    Looks like they added indexing markings on the lvs32 in that video.

16. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    And dont forget, there is a $200 rebate for the Livescope system till April 12, 2020.

https://garmin.rebateaccess.com/promotion.php?p=90264
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookerz Tackle View Post
    Thinking I will be disappointed with this update. Already have a 360 for seeing the structure I am fishing. Use my Livescope n forward view to see the fish swimming, their depth and seeing my bait. Not sure how that will work with this new view.
    If you did not have 360 (most Garmin guys don't), you would not be disappointed. Consolidating views to one platform and transducer is very appealing to me. The less crap i have on my deck, and my trolling motor, the better.

Yeah thats what I'm wondering, whats the field of view. It says it only sees out to 50ft, so its 1/3 of what Mega 360 is. It is live though which is appealing and no need for another unit and ducer. This will really appeal to guys like me who are running lowrance wanting to add 360 or livescope as it kind of makes that decision easy. Depth is the only concern now.

Theres confusing info here. This link states 50ft
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...4BMnHGbx1k4qDU
    Garmins site says 200ft.
    https://explore.garmin.com/en-US/panoptix/
    Which is it?
    Last edited by alpine4x4; 02-25-2020 at 09:22 AM.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

19. Member
    I'm curious as to the depth of the "shallow water" claim.....I know we have some Garmin testers here, hopefully they can add more clarity. Shallow Water is relative, it could be 10' or it could be 100' deep/shallow. Either way, pretty cool to be able to do both from one unit/ducer

Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    I'm curious as to the depth of the "shallow water" claim.....I know we have some Garmin testers here, hopefully they can add more clarity. Shallow Water is relative, it could be 10' or it could be 100' deep/shallow. Either way, pretty cool to be able to do both from one unit/ducer
    In this video its a depth of 5.8m, or roughly 18ft that we're seeing the images from.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast