Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..

Do you think they will make WEC crankbaits again ??

Do you think Zoom will reproduce their crankbaits again in the near future ? Any inside information or educated guesses welcome...

I dont have any inside info but that was ed chambers hobby. I don’t think it was intended to be a cash cow like the plastics were. Just something he enjoyed doing. He did have a lot of money in equipment. The duplicators he had were a lot of money. Takes a lot of skill to make baits like he did. Not sure if he trained other people to do it.

No that was Ed's passion
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

4. Member
    Hold on to your WECs they will quickly become collector items. I sure wish I had more.

From what I read after Ed passed. He had trained some folks on making the bodies but the painting and finishing he was doing himself and didn't teach anybody else.

Mking the bodies probably is the easy part because he has machines that do it for him.

Last edited by fishinarc; 07-28-2021 at 01:21 PM.

8. Banned
    Plenty of circuit board squarebills out there these days.

those duplicators are probably worth 10-20k. Can’t belive they wouldn’t sell those.

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    those duplicators are probably worth 10-20k. Can’t belive they wouldn’t sell those.
    I'm still relatively new to balsa cranks but from my understanding the duplicator is the key to the kingdom lol. The guys who have them only show selective pictures.

11. Member
    No

Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    I'm still relatively new to balsa cranks but from my understanding the duplicator is the key to the kingdom lol. The guys who have them only show selective pictures.
    I’ve tried really hard to get rob from jawjacker to show me his but he won’t. I understand how they work but you have to be a jack of all trades to build one. Lee sisson and his brother built the ones for ed and some of the other builders but they don’t come cheap. You don’t need one to do flat sided baits.

13. Member
    There are guys that build as good or better baits out there, Ed's just have a cult following. I hate to see WEC gone but guys like James Marshall, John Hott and Rob are building some fine tools.

14. Member
    I've heard a certain pro may have gotten his hands on a duplicator which very well may be one that was in the WEC shop. He already makes a crankbait that are copies. Some folks here in Lexington, NC were very close with Mr. Chambers and the process.

15. Member
    No

Quote Originally Posted by brantking View Post
    There are guys that build as good or better baits out there, Ed's just have a cult following. I hate to see WEC gone but guys like James Marshall, John Hott and Rob are building some fine tools.
    Does James still make baits
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Does James still make baits
    Yes. I talked to him last night

Quote Originally Posted by NCSURodney View Post
    I've heard a certain pro may have gotten his hands on a duplicator which very well may be one that was in the WEC shop. He already makes a crankbait that are copies. Some folks here in Lexington, NC were very close with Mr. Chambers and the process.
    Cliff pace has one and makes his own. Black label balsa

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Yes. I talked to him last night
    Does he still have a store or just out of his house. He used to make a balsa copy of a Speed Trap that was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Does he still have a store or just out of his house. He used to make a balsa copy of a Speed Trap that was awesome
    I’m not sure about that but I was asking What he charged to make me some blanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast