Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Wow.. I feel your frustration.
    Thanks for sharing that expensive and hard earned knowledge.

2. Member
    I have a 2019 Ranger 198p with the 150 proxs. I fished a tournament this past Saturday and with two people, two power poles, ultrex and full tank of gas the lowrance gps read between 60 and 61 mph. It has a 4'' hydraulic jackplate with 25 pitch tempest plus balanced and blue printed. Just wanted to share my results.

Have you and friend swapped boats to see if he gets it faster or you get his to same speed. It sounds like The weight of the hulls and gear are different. Body weights and battery type size weights and trolling motor type gear loads fuel loads live well loads. But you just can’t go by boat vs boat unless truly same same everything. Which never is the same when you get down to the brass tacks, you may have heavier loads .
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

4. Member
    Or water in the hull..go weigh that thing

5. Member
    Sorry guys weight is almost exactly the same and I’ve driven his boat.

Double check gear ratio. And make sure it’s getting wide open,
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... make sure that throttle plate is opening all the way. Have seen a couple that did not.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    wdr2064 hasn't logged in since Feb of this year...
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    wdr2064 hasn't logged in since Feb of this year...
    Correct. Let's keep to ONE engine and poster per thread- If wdr2064 comes back to talk about it, we can pick up where he left off for HIS boat/engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Folks- we seem to be having a hard time recognizing that this thread has been DORMANT since MARCH, 2020. TWENTY MONTHS.

Locking thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234