Battery Master Power Switch

Has anyone experienced the battery master cut off switch causing a voltage drop as it ages?

Not likely the switch but rather the connections. Check for rust and corrosion.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Jig View Post
    Not likely the switch but rather the connections. Check for rust and corrosion.
    ^^^This...and undersized wiring that's finally catching up.

4. Member
    Yes, ive seen all sorts of switches, solenoids, relays, etc wear out do to age/corrosion/burnt contact points. If im troubleshooting a electrical problem like yours i usually do all wiring, connectors, switches, and junctions in that system.

5. Member
    Thanks for your responses.

6. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    It may not necessarily be an "age" related condition, but rather in some cases an overload situation. I had a Blue Seas battery shut off in my boat from new and it was marginally rated for the total amps of the equipment I had plus an outboard that was a 2.5 Liter 225 ProMax. Over the years I replaced the 2.5L with a 3.2L 300XS and added all kind of electronics etc. til I found myself in a situation that my battery was run down just enough that my low voltage alarm would sound on initial startup. After that all day it was fine.

There is a rating stamped on the back of the shut off switch. I tested the Voltage at the cranking battery then tested the voltage at the outboard and it was over a volt lower. That's significant. I also tested voltage on other electronics after the main shut off and found similar readings. I replaced that shut off with a higher rated amp switch and ran my outboard battery cable direct to the cranking battery. The outboards today need high amp cranking batteries

This is the one I use now, but I have also added a house battery dedicated for my electronics
    https://www.bluesea.com/products/300...Battery_Switch
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

I've had to clean mine of corrosion when I've lost power