Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lake St Clair Lodging.....

I get quite a few anglers asking about places to stay on LSC...

The Microtel in Roseville is offering a special "Fisherman's rate" for around 54 bucks......I have never stayed there or been by the Hotel but thought I would put it out here for anyone looking....

97 Guest rooms with electrical hook-up capabilities for boats. Free Continental Breakfast. Free Long Distance Calls. All Double rooms have queen Beds. Nintendo in all rooms, 55 Channels with HBO-Disney-Fox and pay-per-view movies.

Queen standard rooms and suites

Indoor pool with fitness area.

20313 13 Mile Rd.
    Roseville Michigan 48066
    United States

Joe Hickmott
    586-415-1000
    586-859-1414

Microtels website...
    http://www.microtelinn.com/Mic...=tab2
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

2. I fish there for i am Champ202's Avatar

Re: Lake St Clair Lodging..... (brnzbaklvr)

The Mirotel has seen its better days but its still a hot shower and a bed for 55 bucks. As for plugging in your boat you are better off going throu you room window. Thats what it has been for a few years now. Ill be there next week for 3 days If it changed I let ya all know

I think it would be a good thing if all you good fokes here in BBC land would post the hotels that thay stayed at when fishing LSC. and tag it to the top of the page it would be very helpfull to a lot of people i think.

3. Member

Re: Lake St Clair Lodging..... (Champ202)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Champ202 &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

I think it would be a good thing if all you good fokes here in BBC land would post the hotels that thay stayed at when fishing LSC. and tag it to the top of the page it would be very helpfull to a lot of people i think. </td></tr></table>

Sounds like a good idea to me.....I know that anglers point has rooms with access to a slip also....If they start pinning the posts I will dig up some more info....
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

4. Member

Andy,
    Any report on the Microtel?
    We have a club tourney oct. 9 +10 and are going to launch out of Harley. 6 boats.

5. I fish there for i am Champ202's Avatar

Re: Lake St Clair Lodging..... (PUMA1973)

For the price you pay the Microtel is a good place to stay You just need to plug in throu your window to your room. and the best part theres a Texes Roadhouse right next door. We had room 100 it was nice but the air didnt work so good. And no weather chanel on the tv.
    Hope you have better fishing than we did.

6. Member

I hear these lofts are pretty nice.....I will try to stop by there and take a look at one.....It includes a slip so you can leave your boat right on the water.....

See link below:
    http://www.anglerspointmarina.com/Loft_Rental.php
    Zinn

7. Member
    We always stay at the ExtendedStay which is next to the Microtel.

The Suite is $59 for two people and has two double beds. Also has kitchen area and full size fridge. Plenty of parking with outlets. They are boat friendly. The kitchen makes it nice.

Gotta love Texas Roadhouse across the road.
    Basscat!

8. Member

Our club stayed at the Microtel last weekend. $60.21 total with taxes. Rooms were nice, parked boats right outside windows. Free continental breakfast.
    We used the breakfast room each night to drink beer and play cards. I would give them 5 out of 5 stars.
    Joe made sure his guys treated us right and even called me monday to make sure all was well. He even gave me his cell phone in case we had problems since he went in for surgery on weds. night and would not be there the weekend.

9. Member

Re: Lake St Clair Lodging..... (PUMA1973)

Here is the link for the Holiday Inn Express on Hall Rd and I94...It is an almost brand new Hotel with a great breakfast in the AM.....It is a little pricey but if you are traveling with family or kids it is in a safe area with very close access to great shopping and some kids activities(Barrymores) just west on Hall Road...
    http://www.hiexpress.com/hotel...etail
    Zinn

10. Banned

I forgot to quote....but this is regarding the Anglers Point loft/apartment

There is only ONE apartment. 2 bedrooms, 5 beds, pull out couch, futon in the florida room. beautiful kitchen and living room. air conditioned, 50" plasma and direct tv. right across the road from selfridge launch (instead of turning right into the launch, you turn left into anglers point)

approx $1200/week

11. Member
    Anyone know if the slips are covered?

Basscat!

12. Banned

Re: (GRR884)

at anglers point? no

13. Banned

Re: (Mini)

Reviews on The Lodgekeeper Inn? I have stayed there 3 times...no issues but the rumor mill has been turning...

Re: (Terry Anderson)

I stayed at the Microtel last year. As mentioned above, it's a bed and hot shower, but I will NEVER stay there again.

The part that pissed me off to no end and solidified my desire to NEVER stay there again, was a $20.00 charge to my credit card a few days later. I paid CASH for the room!

I called and asked what the $20.00 charge was for. The girl at the front desk said "your screen was taken out of your window and we had to put it back in. Most fishermen do this and we charge to put it back in." I replied.."nice try honey, but my boat was parked on the other side of the building next to the Swans truck. My boat was plugged into an outlet OUTSIDE the building....NOW CREDIT MY ACCOUNT!!

I don't appreciate businesses trying to prey on customers that are from out of town, so I personally will never stay there again.

BS

\"I don\'t care how you did the other day..........bring em\' to the scales!\"

15. Member

Re: (BigSmallie II)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by BigSmallie II &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">I stayed at the Microtel last year. As mentioned above, it's a bed and hot shower, but I will NEVER stay there again.

The part that pissed me off to no end and solidified my desire to NEVER stay there again, was a $20.00 charge to my credit card a few days later. I paid CASH for the room!

I called and asked what the $20.00 charge was for. The girl at the front desk said "your screen was taken out of your window and we had to put it back in. Most fishermen do this and we charge to put it back in." I replied.."nice try honey, but my boat was parked on the other side of the building next to the Swans truck. My boat was plugged into an outlet OUTSIDE the building....NOW CREDIT MY ACCOUNT!!

I don't appreciate businesses trying to prey on customers that are from out of town, so I personally will never stay there again.

BS

</td></tr></table>

I just stayed at the Extended Stay across the road from there. Been going there for several years and never had a problem like that. However I've always had outlets that were outside the building that I could plug into.

However in your case the screen was already out by a previous guest that they got $20 from too. So...did you get the credit?
    Basscat!

Lake St. Clair Lodging

17. Member
    Microtel as well as others in Roseville have reports of bedbugs.... Bedbug Registry

We stay at the Baymont Inn just down the road from the Microtel on 13 mile rd. All of the amenities mentioned above plus there outside plugs work!!!!!!

It is a little more pricey but they have always treated us right 5 years and running.

19. Member
    microtell is a rough place, if its just the guys rough it out. if your bringing your better half, you better go somewhere else.
    Aaron Strickland Wheelersburg, Ohio
    2000 bullet 21 xdc 300xs
    "do to others what you would have them do to you"[/I][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by bitsy bug View Post
    microtell is a rough place, if its just the guys rough it out. if your bringing your better half, you better go somewhere else.
    Agreed. I walk by that place when we walk to Texas Roadhouse and I just shake my head.

Lu Bedevia
    1997 Ranger R82 Sport
    1997 Mercury 150 XR6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast