Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How is the Baymont Inn in Roseville on 13 mile? $64 per weekday and $69 per weekend night.

http://www.baymontinns.com/hotels/mi..._date=&rooms=1

Update: Stayed at the Baymont for 3 nights. Good parking out back and plenty of plug in's for the boat. Rooms where fine, no issue's. Free continental breakfast, breakfast was better on the weekend that the weekday's, but what can you ask for when it is free. Baymont is in a good location for a lot restaurants, IHOP is right next door and the Texas Roadhouse is within walking distance.

Would stay there again.
    Last edited by Gambler Bob; 05-30-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Last edited by Gambler Bob; 09-23-2013 at 05:52 PM.

baymont is decent. clean etc. boat parking and lots of outlets out back. we went through booking.com and it was like 55$ a night.

We just got back from Anglers Point ($110.00 night per person). Everything there is top-notch (staff, facilities, baitshop, etc.). Boat slip (uncovered) comes with your loft; additional slip will run you $20.00 a day. WalMart, restaraunts, etc. only 8 miles away. No boat launch; you must launch at the state ramp across the street ($15.00 fee but nobody was there collecting it when we put in). Tom Curtis charters available at the marina ($100.00 per person and he will put you on fish). We did do a bed bug check prior to checking in and everything was spotless with no bugs. The marina is locked down at night; guests are given the code for the electric gate to get in-and-out. Currently there are only 2 lofts with plans to place a RV on the site later this summer. Reservations are hard to come by as they stay booked-up. If you plan to stay there book as early as you can. Click on the link provided in post #6 on page 1.
    Last edited by Tennessee Top; 07-02-2013 at 09:55 PM.

5. Member
    I stayed at Microtel about 4 weeks ago (1st week of June). Parking was ok, free bkfst not too good, room ok, old tube style tv. Main issue is that there was too much parking lot activity---and not fishermen. People sitting on the curb mixing something in 2 liter pop bottles, sitting in car lighting something up, seemed like a lot of long-term guests....... Baymont was better when I stayed there in May.

1st PHOENIX in Michigan

Stayed at the Super 8 hotel. Rooms were fine.

First night some crackhead destroyed one of the cars parked in the parking lot overnight, jumping on top of the car and smashed the windshield into a hundred pieces, also put a huge dent in my buddies truck, there was shoeprints on the side of his truck where you could see he had been kicking it. No damage or theft to the boats. Cops showed up and it was all caught on video camera. Another night someone opened up the bed of my truck and left it open, nothing was in there, except a empty cooler, and they did not take it.

Wont be staying there again!! Keep in mind most of these hotels are all located within a 1/2 mile of each other, Microtel, Super 8, Baymont Inn, Extended Stay. Just luck of the draw as far as I am concerned!! I don't leave anything of value outside, bring rods, reels, electronics, hard baits, etc, all in the hotel room.

There was also long term residents at the Super 8 also, and the boat parking situation sucked.

Update: below

I have stayed at Lakeview Hotel in Anchorville which just so happens to be in Anchor Bay. I thought the hotel was pretty decent for the price, nothing fancy but the rooms are fine for a couple of fisherman. Lakeview Hotel is right on the water, there is a boat ramp about 4 miles to the west on Dixie Hwy, right next to the Blue Bait Tackle shop. There is a gas station in between the hotel and boat ramp to get gas and snacks in the mornings, and there is a couple of bar and grills near the boat ramp.

I thought the Anchorville area was much safer and less likely to have your belongings stolen than the Roseville area, but there is not nearly as many restaurants in Anchorville. If you are planning on fishing on the northern half of LSC the Lakeview motel can be a good option, but if you are planning on fishing the southern half that would require a lot of driving in either the truck or the boat to get to where you want to be.
    Last edited by Gambler Bob; 01-21-2016 at 11:46 AM.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

7. Member
    We stayed at the Concorde Inn. Rooms were pretty decent, fridge included. Although there seemed to be a bit of a lax in entrance security, I didn't notice "characters" hanging around like I did down at the Microtel. Spaces for boat parking are long enough for the boat and tow vehicle, with electric outlets for charging. Free breakfast was decent. Cost is a bit more than the Microtel, similar to Baymont when we went.

1st PHOENIX in Michigan

8. Member
    We stayed at the Baymont 7/20/14 thru 7/24/14 and the rooms were nice and clean. No problems at all for us. We did not bring a boat, but it looks like there's plenty of space if you chose to.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    Microtel as well as others in Roseville have reports of bedbugs.... Bedbug Registry
    Thx for the info.

EB

Heading up Aug. 1st- 4th, 2016 and would like an update on lodging? Any place to stay on the Canada side? Will actually be stopping off for a few days on the way to Rice Lake at the end of that week.
    MAKING DONATIONS TO GREAT FISHERMAN EVERY WEEKEND
    2005 CHAMPION 188 ELITE

11. Banned
    Bass Haven near Mitchell's Bay or Windsor. Unless you want to stay on the St Clair River....

12. Member
    How is the campground on the river? I was thinking about doing that.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by presta24 View Post
    How is the campground on the river? I was thinking about doing that.
    State park. Never stayed there but have visited friends there. Seems like a decent place

14. Member
    Thinking of fishing the flw stuff next summer. I'm good for the Detroit river events as I have family that live about 50 mins from the ramp. St Clair is a hour and a half away. Where do some of you guys stay when you fish the flw stuff?

15. Member
    What state park would that be? I'm not familiar with the area but like the sounds of camping instead of motel/hotels.
    Daryl

The State Park is in Algonac where the St. Clair River meets the lake.

17. Member
    Some of my notes from over the years. Your mileage may vary:

Baymont Inn in Roseville Michigan
    https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/baymon..._date=&rooms=1

Better: Hampton Inn in Roseville

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chesterfield - Selfridge Area
    45805 Marketplace Boulevard , Chesterfield, Michigan 48051
    https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...ld/hoteldetail

Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township
    45725 Marketplace Blvd, Chesterfield, Michigan, 48051, USA TEL: +1-586-948-2300
    http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...FHX/index.html

Also check out:
    The Concorde Inn on Gratiot
    outlets to plug-in your boat and 5 min from Selfridge
    44315 N Gratiot Ave, Clinton Township, Michigan 48036, US

For romantic get-a-way

Harsens Island B&B
    265 Monroe Blvd.​
    Harsens Island, MI 48028
    To book: 586-205-0779
    Tel:586-205-0779
    https://www.harsensislandbedandbreakfast.com/
    (close to Muscamoot Bay)
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

18. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    The lady where I stay publishes this every year.
    it has it all
    https://www.lakestclairguide.com/
    Here’s updated places to stay, the magazine is worth getting as is the map.
    just go though the lodging places , something to fit everyone’s budget.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12