Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    Considering we have different brands of JPs, it is hard to say. If I was maxed at 3.5" and no lower then I would go to the first hole. I would just leave the JP raised up a bit so I cleared the rigging/steering when towing. On hole 1, you would be closer to 4" PTP and could raise the motor to whatever. I spoke to Atlas a few years ago about whether or not I could keep the JP raised while towing and they said it would be ok so long as my transom saver was attached. Considering I was already close to 4" PTP on hole 2, I just left it there so I didn't have to worry about me smashing my hydraulic steering.
    I’ve got a transom saver, I just need to call bobs machine shop and see what they say about towing with jackplate raised. If they say it’s fine because I have a transom saver. I may just move to the second hole and see what that does and raise my motor with the jackplate if I have to.

2. Member
    I have a 2015 z7 w/175 pro xs. 12' talons. 3 1/2 p2p w/6" slidemaster. I'm a big guy and factory prop pushed me to 68.5 gps with significant chine....it had more in it. It had terrible holeshot. Went to a crazy pitched bravo fs to get holeshot and can still get 62 gps but jumps up on pad.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Genovese View Post
    I have a 2015 z7 w/175 pro xs. 12' talons. 3 1/2 p2p w/6" slidemaster. I'm a big guy and factory prop pushed me to 68.5 gps with significant chine....it had more in it. It had terrible holeshot. Went to a crazy pitched bravo fs to get holeshot and can still get 62 gps but jumps up on pad.
    Was the 24 pitch Tempest plus the factory prop for these boats?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Frost7 View Post
    Was the 24 pitch Tempest plus the factory prop for these boats?
    Yes, and it is the right prop unless you put 14 batteries along with your antique bowling ball collection in the back compartments.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    Yes, and it is the right prop unless you put 14 batteries along with your antique bowling ball collection in the back compartments.
    Yeah I don’t have all that lol

6. Member
    I put the bravo fs 4 blade on mine, I think a 21 pitch. I'm in Illinois the land of 25hp lakes and 90 percent of the time I have to idle. The lake I fish that I can actually run on is only 125 acres so that and the fact I switched to 24 volt TM and I have 3 - 31 series batteries and talons is why I went with this prop. Jumps up on pad. Went to mark Twain lake for a weekend and was shocked with 2 big guys and all that weight it still ran 62!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12