Exhaust adapter plate

Hey Guys,
    I’m stalling a new 250 pro xs optimax Powerhead and tuner and the exhaust adapter plate is stuck. Any suggestions other than a big hammer?
    But before I start beating on it are there any bolts on the underside ? I didn’t see any looking up thru the tuner but the my be covered in exhaust build up.
    Thanks for any help
    Last edited by cannon20xrd; 05-23-2024 at 07:13 PM.

5 nuts on each side, if it has the early gasket design, it will be stuck tight, leave the nuts in place but very loose, using lifting ring to lift motor almost to the point of lifting the boat off the ground, use a brass hammer against the nuts, strike that hammer with a 5 lb. mall, don't go crazy with heavy blows, alternate to each bolt. You can also as a last resort, in the front area near the steering use a sharp very thin scraper ( 1/16 maximum thickness) to drive thru the gasket carefully. This can only be done in the front area as in the mid to back area it could damage critical sealing surface. Be patient and very careful.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    Thanks man,
    Im pretty mechanical just wanted to be sure there were no other bolts hidden.

4. Member
    good advise ^^^^^ +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................