BPS Extreme baitcaster

These are on sale and there's another 10% off today. How would you compare it to a Shimano or Daiwa?
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

2. Member
    Not comparable, in my humble opinion. I don't know what price point that reel is in, but if its in the low end, Daiwa & Shimano do outsource their lower tier reels to other countries, but I believe they still stick to their own, exclusive designs. Otherwise, likely to be sourced by Doyo, which puts it in the category more comparable to Abu's and Lew's.

3. Member
    I work at BPS, and although it's not bad I would not compare it to a Daiwa or Shimano. It's a decent reel for the price, but I believe the longevity of those reels is better. I would take the Shimano SLX at $99 over the Extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    I work at BPS, and although it's not bad I would not compare it to a Daiwa or Shimano. It's a decent reel for the price, but I believe the longevity of those reels is better. I would take the Shimano SLX at $99 over the Extreme.
    Thanks, that's the info I was looking for. I recently bought the SLX A and it's great for the money. With the sale on the Extreme and my Military discount and the 10% off today, I thought it would be worth the try.

Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    For $68 to my door, is it worth it?
    I mean, I probably wouldn't wear it out for quite a while.

I have about six Extreme reels that are about 10 years old and they're still kicking. I was always under the impression that Pflueger made them for BPS. I'm migrating to Daiwa Tatula reels now but I'll still continue to use these Extremes.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    I have about six Extreme reels that are about 10 years old and they're still kicking. I was always under the impression that Pflueger made them for BPS. I'm migrating to Daiwa Tatula reels now but I'll still continue to use these Extremes.
    Pflueger being a rebirthed American brand namesake that has been 100% OEM since their Phoenix rose from the ashes...

Is absolutely not "sub-contracting their OEM contract" to BPS.

Page 3 here denotes some of the name brands and their OEMs: https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...ighlight=Banax
    Last edited by dragon1; 05-03-2024 at 08:35 PM.