New Fenwick Lineup??

Anyone fished any of the new fenwick stuff? HMG is an outstanding rod for the money. I'm looking to pick up a few but nobody around me has them in stock, so ill be ordering online.

They have FOUR different 7'5" rods and looking on TW the actions actions/weights/line size is confusing.

Supposedly all the actions are the same throughout the fenwick family, just wondering if anybody has fished them yet and has guidance? Thanks

fenwick.jpg

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    Anyone fished any of the new fenwick stuff? HMG is an outstanding rod for the money. I'm looking to pick up a few but nobody around me has them in stock, so ill be ordering online.

They have FOUR different 7'5" rods and looking on TW the actions actions/weights/line size is confusing.

Supposedly all the actions are the same throughout the fenwick family, just wondering if anybody has fished them yet and has guidance? Thanks

fenwick.jpg
    I am also interested in angler's opinions of the new models. Hopefully you will get some feedback.

Buffalo Fishhead

3. Member
    Their new website does a decent job at outlining the differences in the rods.

Note - the flip/punch rod has a full cork grip, not a split.

https://www.fenwickfishing.com/series/hmg

4. Member
    I have the worldclass, elite and HMG. I like them. I don't think they have been as well received as pure fishing had hoped but they went all in by hiring Justin Poe and Dave Brinkerhoff away from Loomis/Shimano.
    The HMG that I have is the 7ft2 in the reaction bait. It's a nice chatterbait and crankbait rod.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerjockey View Post
    I have the worldclass, elite and HMG. I like them. I don't think they have been as well received as pure fishing had hoped but they went all in by hiring Justin Poe and Dave Brinkerhoff away from Loomis/Shimano.
    The HMG that I have is the 7ft2 in the reaction bait. It's a nice chatterbait and crankbait rod.
    Those two helped immensely with the complete redesign. The rods (in my opinion) are the best freshwater rods Fenwick has produced to date.

6. Member
    I agree with MIRI. These new models are excellent and well thought out with many options available. I am using both the World Class and the Elite series.

7. Member
    I bought a L spinning rod for fun fishing ponds. I really like the rod
    Nitro z21

8. Member
    How bad does the spinning rod grips actually feel with a reel on? They felt terrible when I picked them up but I was at a big box so I didn’t bother putting a reel on it. I did think the casting rods felt really nice (was the elite). The 7’5 heavy felt well balanced compared to a 894 Loomis.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopokes12 View Post
    How bad does the spinning rod grips actually feel with a reel on? They felt terrible when I picked them up but I was at a big box so I didn’t bother putting a reel on it. I did think the casting rods felt really nice (was the elite). The 7’5 heavy felt well balanced compared to a 894 Loomis.
    With a reel on it and after a couple hours of use I really liked it.

I may bite the bullet and just buy a couple. I just have a hard time buying online without picking them up in store.

11. Member
    The 7-3MH in both Elite and World Class have "it". Highly recommend.

For what? Would it make a frog rod or is it an all purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    The 7-3MH in both Elite and World Class have "it". Highly recommend.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    Frog, jig, t-rig.

15. Member
    To me that rod feels a lot like an 873 CRR.

I ended up buying the 7’1 MH spinning and threw a pfluger president 30 on it. Will make a good freeloader, shakyhead, fluke rod. Really happy with it so far.

plan on getting the 7’5…just not sure between the medium heavy and heavy action. I don’t have one I can pick up and feel.