FFS Transducer angle adjustments

I have an HDS 16 Live with FFS. There are a few different angle settings on the transducer bracket. I fish mostly in water 15' or less 99% of the time. Is there a rule of thumb on how to adjust the angle.

I believe that I read somewhere that the angle can be adjusted using the head unit. Anyone know anything about this?
    Last edited by Whiteboat; 05-23-2024 at 07:29 AM.

2. Member
    There is an angle offset to be used for fine tuning when you don't have the geometry set correctly on your TM or pole as its not level or at the correct angel. Focus on making sure your TM shaft is 90 deg to the water most are not, One of the test is in at least 20 ft of water can you look out forward to 100ft? if not then you have an install geometry issue. if you have a point 2 gps/heading compass on your boat it has an altitude pitch in the data. Stand at your bow get that pitch. Put your boat on the trailer , jack up or down the hitch to that degree you got from the atlitude pitch and then deploy your TM and measue the angle of your shaft. Many are back towards the transom up to 8Deg. Which means your boat has a hook nose and you have raise the mounting bracket for your TM in the front about 1/4 to 3/8 to get your TM level. That alone will change what you see and be more permeant than some angle adjustment that changes other things at the same time. There are 3 lines on your bracket of you AT Transducer the first one is down, The 2nd is forward and the 3rd is for Scout mode Don't listen to these users that just lower the transducer by a tooth or so as that will fix one thing and create 2 more complaints. Stay with the basics and you will have a system that works and you will spend more time looking and fishing then frustrated because its not what you expected. There are sensor that tell the unit where its pointing. Test your foward and switch it to auto and if the image changes then you know you have a install issue.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    I have an HDS 16 Live with FFS. There are a few different angle settings on the transducer bracket. I fish mostly in water 15" or less 99% of the time. Is there a rule of thumb on how to adjust the angle.

I believe that I read somewhere that the angle can be adjusted using the head unit. Anyone know anything about this?
    Wow, now that is some shallow water fishing right there.

4. Member
    ya I feel like you should be able to just look with your eyes and see them in 15 inches...