Adding second console

I ordered the passenger console for my 08 Z520 through my local Ranger dealer. As I'm looking through pics of dual console models I noticed that there is no visible gdb handle on the console. I'm hoping someone on here tells me there is a grab bar somewhere on the lower side of the console because I'm not too thrilled about it not having one. I know the passenger has a grab rail on the left and one below the seat but I was hoping there is another one on the console. Can one be added? Has anyone on here added one already?
    Current boat: 2008 Ranger Z520 Merc 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    grab handle on mine is on the left side of seat, just above where rods go inside of boat and there's a pull up handle just under the right front side of seat.

3. Member
    When you get the new console it will come with a new piece to go on the inside gunnel next to the seat where the current grab handle is. It does not have one on the console. I really wouldn't want someone pulling on it anyway.

4. Member
    I know this is an old thread but I'm looking at buying the same boat with single console and looking to add the passenger console. Were these boats (this year model) made from factory to have the passenger console as an option with mounting hardware already there? Or did you have to have it mounted from scratch?

It used to be an option of with/without/without but came with it in a box with the mounting kit (screws, washers, and double sided tape). I'm not sure if they will even make one anymore now that JM has taken over. AND, now you have to go thru the dealer to order a lot of stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one.
    You might, key word "Might" find one listed for sale somewhere. I see them once in a while. Getting the same color will be the real task !! I know Ranger used the same console for more than one year, so maybe that'll help you. Good luck and good hunting !!

What color would you need ? I know of one, but I'll have to check year and color.
    Last edited by wmitch2; 05-21-2024 at 05:09 PM.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Vatrer Lithium / V-T2 Vents

6. Member
    I wondered the same thing now that Johnny Morris has taken over. I would need a red console.

7. Member
    “Now that Johnny Morris has taken over” in 2014? It’ll be all right….