Thread: Update question

Update question

I had all humminbird on my last boat and it seemed like some updates broke more than they fixed. I put all Garmin on my new boat and I received a notice that I need to update, are Garmin updates helpful
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

Yea every time I did an update on my solixs I had to cross my fingers
    One actually bricked both of them and I had to send them to HB to get them working again

First Garmin is nothing like HB the units are much more stable and the updates are reliable

Second you don’t have to restore to factory settings before or after doing an update nor do you have to reload your settings

Last and the biggest thing is if you networked everything you turn on all units and accessories like GLS 10 black box then do the update on one unit and it will update all units and accessories as well
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I've always updated my units......if you have Livescope, might wait to update....there is a known issue that Garmin is working on to correct.....its stated in threads below so no secret.......i updated mine but never got out to use it......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Thanks for the answers, I leaving in the morning for a week long fishing trip and all my graphs are working great so I think I will wait till I get home to update
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    I would highly suggest not updating to the 35.10 version. My GPS Map 8616 xsv/LVS 34 is not looking good after the update. Currently having to get videos to Garmin for help.

6. Member
    What is it that you are seeing? Is it the auto depth thing or something else. I'm not seeing any problems on my 8616. I'd like to try the same settings at the same depth.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Mine will go from normal to blurry and slow motion and then back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by kwilliams325 View Post
    Mine will go from normal to blurry and slow motion and then back to normal.
    Yes, this is typical of the known LiveScope bug with the most recent public software release. Engineers are aware and are working on a fix. It can occur in both Auto or Manual depth range settings. As stated before, when having the issue, simply selecting the traditional sonar page, then reselecting LiveScope should fix it until the next system reboot.
    Garmin Pro Team