Lucas M

1995 Champion Livewell pumps and questions.

I have a 1995 fish hunter 190. I bought it this spring and am trying to figure out the livewell and aerator situation.

I have a panel of knobs by the throttle which I know fill and aerator the two wells. I also know my wells are not filling right now because either the pumps are bad, clogged, or the hoses are clogged. I have pictures I can share but can not upload them yet. Will be happy to share with someone who reaches out. Any help with what each knob does and how to properly fill the wells, hold the water in, and aerate with a timer would be very helpful!

I am new to champions and have never seen this setup. Feel free to pm me and I’d be happy to provide my number to call or text.

appreciate any help or advice.

thanks!

2. Lucas M
    IMG_4822.jpgIMG_4823_26.jpgIMG_4824_26.jpgIMG_4826_26.jpg

Uploaded some photos of my setup. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

3. Member
    Picture of the pump mounted to the rear of the LiveWell is recirc. Fill pump would be mounted close to the transom. Those yellow bodies pumps can be replaced with Johnson/spx pumps. Use a voltmeter, or test light to see if you're getting voltage to each. If you are, then the pumps are bad. You'd be able to hear them, once you flip the switch. I have a 190dcx and have replaced a few pumps. The second picture seems odd to me. No where for water to enter. I could see if they had 2 hoses (Intake and output). Can you follow the hoses? Maybe blow air through them?
    Last edited by RickCamilleri; 05-14-2024 at 09:18 PM.
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite