Thread: helix issues

helix issues

On the weekend, I Noticed my 2 G4 Helix 10's were no longer sharing waypoints. Both units show waypoint sharing being turned on. They are connected by 5 port ethernet switch.
    Also on the way back to the launch at days end, 2D sonar switched to the high speed transducer as usual. When I slowed down it didn't go back to the regular transducer and was showing crazy depths. I fiddled with it a bit and discovered my side scan was only displaying one side as well. I restarted it and it had no effect.
    They are less than a year old, installed by Basscat on a year old boat. Both have the latest updates.
    That morning when I started the console unit, it froze during start up and I had to unplug it to restart it, and it started after that.
    Where should I start with this issue.
    Thanks

No such thing as the "2D sonar switching to the high speed as usual" or "going back to the regular transducer"
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    I would do reset to default and restart units and make sure batteries are charged properly

4. Member
    Under warranty, either call humminbird or take it back to dealer. 2D should be stable always. Hopefully your dealer will take care of you, but it is summer time. May take awhile.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No such thing as the "2D sonar switching to the high speed as usual" or "going back to the regular transducer"
    Ok it was my understanding that it switched. When I get up to speed it continues to read depth but it will no longer show the bottom on the screen if that makes sense.
    Any suggestion on the waypoint sharing issue?

6. Member
    When you unplugged the unit, did you make sure the cable collector with all the cables was fully seated or try resetting defaults? On the waypoints sharing, your network connection may not have been reset after unplugging the unit. Check IP address on System Status page to see if it is established.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow