Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    PAC12 is pretty deep this year, a one loss conf champ will be on over a 1 loss not even in the game OSU…not to mention the big ten needs Wisc, Iowa, MSU to be better than they are to claim any conference schedule leg up.

2. Banned
    I think TCU loses and they put OSU in and justify it as OSU has a "better lose" to a Mich than TCU to K State.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old4runner View Post
    I think TCU loses and they put OSU in and justify it as OSU has a "better lose" to a Mich than TCU to K State.
    Maybe but TCU already beat KSt once, but now has to beat them again. OSU lost at home also, and it wasn't a pretty loss in the end. TCU with the stronger SOS. If you take away the names, it's not even close.

Can't believe I'm lobbying for TCU
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    Maybe but TCU already beat KSt once, but now has to beat them again. OSU lost at home also, and it wasn't a pretty loss in the end. TCU with the stronger SOS. If you take away the names, it's not even close.

Can't believe I'm lobbying for TCU
    It is not so much TCU as it is the Big 12 and how they seem to have the worst luck when it comes to someone other than OU getting in.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old4runner View Post
    It is not so much TCU as it is the Big 12 and how they seem to have the worst luck when it comes to someone other than OU getting in.

OU's playoff results haven't helped the Big 12 either. Since 2014 they have made the playoff 4 or 5 times, haven't won a playoff game, and have been crushed multiple times.

6. Member
    The Spoilermakers just might surprise Michigan after the come down with the Ohio State win. Ole Urban strutted into West Lafayette 3 years ago and got his butt handed to him. I believe Purdue will either give Michigan a game or it will be a complete Michigan blow out. Surprises do and can happen.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davesz518 View Post
    I believe Purdue will either give Michigan a game or it will be a complete Michigan blow out. Surprises do and can happen.

So the game will either be close or It won’t. Got It.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    So the game will either be close or It won’t. Got It.
    Purdue always plays well in bigger games. They won't be a pushover.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davesz518 View Post
    The Spoilermakers just might surprise Michigan after the come down with the Ohio State win. Ole Urban strutted into West Lafayette 3 years ago and got his butt handed to him. I believe Purdue will either give Michigan a game or it will be a complete Michigan blow out. Surprises do and can happen.
    Have to agree that anything can happen and Purdue has nothing to lose. Michigan better not underestimate them.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    Purdue always plays well in bigger games. They won't be a pushover.

My point was every single game ever played is either close or not.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    My point was every single game ever played is either close or not.
    I wasn't arguing your point....I shouldn't have quoted your comment.

12. Member
    Some good points made.

The "Committee" has a Big Ole Hard One for Ohio State and has since it was formed. They try to put them way up there every year and rarely do the prove them right. BLOW OUTS in most of the Championship try's.

SO, I could see IF USC loses they are out for sure and they slide OSU back in. For ONE they travel well and bring huge numbers to the Viewing Public due to Both the Love the get and the Hate they get. Fans want to see them Win and Fans want to see them Lose.

I wish ND would just get left out every year until they join and Conference and stop believing it is still the 1960's & 70's where every Irish Catholic Kid wanted to go play there. Unless they have joined one, because I really don't know as I don't follow them and haven't since Lou Holts was there and the won the National Title.

13. Bob G's pool boy
    Obviously Georgia and Michigan can lose and they are still in. They have already beaten the right teams and can survive one loss.

If they win, obviously TCU is in. As much as the money side of college football doesn't want it. They are a small school with a very small fan base. Playoff games are nowhere near campus and they aren't exactly a school that travels well. Without a loss, there will be nose holding and hoping that they become the cinderella team, at least for TV. They lose, they disappear. K State is essentially a playoff game for them.

USC also has to win or they will be shown the door. With a potential playoff game in Phoenix and a home game in the National Championship, they bring enough eyes to the product, despite their non-SEC status. I don't see them surviving a loss to Utah. This is also a playoff game for USC.

Both USC and TCU have tough conference games to win. Neither is a guarantee, and if one loses, OSU is back in. Like it or not, it is a huge school with a huge fanbase and their only loss is to a top team.

If they both lose, do they slide Alabama in ahead of Tennessee? I don't see how they can but Alabama is currently ranked higher than them. Maybe because Alabama's two losses were closer?

Besides pedigree, I don't get this one but it will be interesting to see them potentially slide an idle, two loss team in ahead of either or both one loss TCU or USC teams.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

14. Member
    Tough decision for the committee. However, I don't see anyone volunteering to play Bama in the top 4 no matter how it turns out.

15. Member
    I'm a Michigan grad, so I'll comment on every one but them ... My $0.02

Georgia and TCU should be in regardless (Not necessarily how it will work) if they win or lose their respective conference championship games. They both finished the regular season 12-0. I don't believe a team with a loss in the regular season and not playing a 13th game (Conference Championship) should be considered over Georgia or TCU.

I'm not sure how to feel about USC. With their only blemish being a 1 point loss on the road to the same team they are facing (again) in the PAC12 Conference Championship it almost seems like this 13th game shouldn't affect the CFP (Although I know it will). My reasoning is I believe there is a distinct difference between losing by 1 on the road and getting blistered by your rival at home (Yeah, you know I was waiting to say that!) or losing 2 games (Bama). That being said, the reality is Win and they are In, Lose and its OSU (or Bama?).

16. Banned
    As long as Ohio State is out Im OK with anybody. They are the most overrated team of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfriend View Post
    As long as Ohio State is out Im OK with anybody. They are the most overrated team of all time.
    Them and Notre Dame
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

1. Georgia gets in regardless of this weekend's result
    2. Michigan gets in regardless of this weekend's result

TCU and USC probably win this weekend and get in.

I don't necessarily agree that a 2-loss regular season team should get in especially if they're not playing in a conference championship, BUT.... Bama has 2 losses to rival teams on the road in very, very close games. That can and should be taken into consideration if TCU and/or USC loses.

OSU's strength of schedule will hurt them and getting a pure a** beating at home won't help either. I don't think they should get in even if TCU and USC loses. Nobody is talking about it, and I hope it doesn't happen because I can't stand Brian Kelly, but if LSU wins this weekend they should get the 4 seed.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    .... Nobody is talking about it, and I hope it doesn't happen because I can't stand Brian Kelly, but if LSU wins this weekend they should get the 4 seed.
    You believe a 3 loss LSU team should get in???

Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    You believe a 3 loss LSU team should get in???
    Sorry, I thought they had only lost two. I forgot about the Tennessee game. They gone!
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast