Measuring Pad-to-Prop Shaft Distance

Hey everybody, I got a question. First, my other boats have had a flat or concave shaped pad (cross-section), this Coral is the first boat I've had with shallow V-shaped pad.

When you guys measure your prop shaft to pad distance, are you measuring from the very bottom tip of the "V"? Or do you kind of take an average somewhere a little up from the very tip? I realize it's just a measurement or reference point, but I figure the boat doesn't really ride way up on just the tip of the pad.

I just put some scoop plates on my lower unit water intakes so I could rasie my engine up without lossing water pressure. I set the engine with the propshaft at 2.75" below the very lowest tip of the pad, but I think it is too high. When I had the boat out the other day to test it, it was very rough & windy, so I couldn't go full out, but it seemed like the bow the wouldn't lift very well and I was turning more rpms than usual for the same mph speed.
    AlanW
    2000 Viper Coral 191
    Mercury 200 EFI
    12" Slidemaster
    25" Tempest Plus

2. Member

Re: Measuring Pad-to-Prop Shaft Distance (AlanW)

Measure from the "V" after leveling the pad. Then level the cavitaion plate and measure the distances to find your prop position in relation to the pad.