Thread: Lithiums

Lithiums

Made the upgrade to Lithium batteries. Luckily, my NOCO charger was already rated for them! Went with the Amazon brand thanks to Touch of Class's recommendation. If something goes wrong, I'm coming after you man! :) Anyway, I installed (3) 50 amp hour for the trolling motor and (1) dedicated 100 amp hour for the electronics. I had a dedicated group 27 deep cycle for the electronics and it just could not keep up. I am a little concerned about the quality of these batteries, but at the price I paid, it wasn't much more than lead acid and cheaper than AGM believe it or not! Hoping for the best.

LITHIUMS.jpg

2. Member
    Gave them a work out Saturday and Sunday. Pretty impressed so far. Honestly, I think the clarity on my livescope improved too. Lot's of power on the troller too.

3. Member
    Any change in top end speed?

4. Member
    Hard to tell, but I doubt top-end is any better. The wind was at 10-20MPH and I never truly went WOT. Hole-shot did seem to improve, even my fishing partner commented. And i had about 40 gallons of gas in it at the time.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    So, my question on the Lithium debate is have you noticed a difference in the ride, hole shot or trim (balance) losing all that weight in the back of the boat?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    So, my question on the Lithium debate is have you noticed a difference in the ride, hole shot or trim (balance) losing all that weight in the back of the boat?
    I didn't notice much difference in the ride, but the hole shot did improve in my opinion. I basically shaved off about 160#s - is that enough weight to make a difference?

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    I didn't notice much difference in the ride, but the hole shot did improve in my opinion. I basically shaved off about 160#s - is that enough weight to make a difference?
    Just a curiosity on my part. I know the Mountain Home boats like the 203 that they kept into the 2004-2005 timeframe wasn't as fast once they moved the gas tank from the rear compartment forward to under the seats. Just wondering how taking weight out of the back of a 210 affected it.

What exact batteries did you go with?
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

9. Member
    TimeUSB from Amazon.

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Here’s another install we just did we have around 7 boats now with these batteries and no failures.At the price you could buy a few and have extra if needed.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/1eIf2X45P...Ibj5PBxIEdMbQF

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    TimeUSB from Amazon.
    Thank you :)
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS