Thread: Ish on Ike Live

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    He also said lack of fan exposure was a big factor, which Ike agreed on. Both Ish and Ike are very approachable from a fan perspective and they seem to enjoy the interaction. I've met Ike multiple times at Elite events and the Toyota Owners Tournaments also Ish a couple times at Elite weigh-ins, both are very involved with spectators.

2. Member
    Safe to say Ish is not a fan of Sprague

3. Member
    Not sure how anybody could be!

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    He also said lack of fan exposure was a big factor, which Ike agreed on. Both Ish and Ike are very approachable from a fan perspective and they seem to enjoy the interaction. I've met Ike multiple times at Elite events and the Toyota Owners Tournaments also Ish a couple times at Elite weigh-ins, both are very involved with spectators.
    Agree on that. I've met Ike multiple times. He ALWAYS goes out of his way to spend as much time as possible with fans, kids, everyone. I randomly bumped in to him at a gas station one time with my boat in tow and he spent a solid 30 minutes with me talking about my boat, tackle, life, everything. Like, I had to go or we could have stood there and talked for hours. He's one of those people that you talk to and feel like you've known forever. My wife and I met with him again at the Classic expo in 2018. He remembered me and gave my wife a huge hug because we had Eagles jersey's on. I think we held the line up for like 20 minutes talking about the superbowl. lol Such a nice dude, does more for the sport than almost everyone else combined.

Enjoyed the candidness of it.

6. Member
    Don’t understand why he wasn’t permanently banned from all future events?
    KVD disqualified for his co angler driving boat- inadvertently not being aware of new 2 year old rule change
    Palaniuk disqualified for culling-inadvertently not knowing state boundaries
    Spraque receiving information- FLAT OUT CHEATING!- NO EXCUSE and should have been banned for life- just as bad as putting egg sinkers down their throat
    Pool 10

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Don’t understand why he wasn’t permanently banned from all future events?
    KVD disqualified for his co angler driving boat- inadvertently not being aware of new 2 year old rule change
    Palaniuk disqualified for culling-inadvertently not knowing state boundaries
    Spraque receiving information- FLAT OUT CHEATING!- NO EXCUSE and should have been banned for life- just as bad as putting egg sinkers down their throat
    The no information rule cheating was bad yes, but the blatant snagging was far worse in my opinion. MLF not doing a single thing about it says all you need to know about that organization.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Gluzek fished the Bass 150s, qualified for a few classics and is the founder of Bass University. If you haven’t heard of him then you might not follow the Bass Opens much.

the other guy is Ike’s best friend from childhood if you never watched Ike Live then you wouldn’t know that though
    Thanks, still never heard of them. Don't watch any of the live or you tube stuff.

The no information rule cheating was bad yes, but the blatant snagging was far worse in my opinion. MLF not doing a single thing about it says all you need to know about that organization.

Don't forget the other fiasco where they were "allowed" to break state law until someone watching live coverage contacted the state fish and game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Don't forget the other fiasco where they were "allowed" to break state law until someone watching live coverage contacted the state fish and game.
    Then anglers calling people snitches in social media posts....
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

11. Member
    It was a good interview. No love lost with the BPT and how they handle their business.

12. Member
    Sprague seems like a big douchebag and a blatant cheater

I swear I heard Ish say that even a couple of his sponsors paid him more to go fish the opens this year instead.

Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    I swear I heard Ish say that even a couple of his sponsors paid him more to go fish the opens this year instead.

He said they were thrilled that he returned to BASS and that he even got a few bumps in some contracts.

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Soooooo, it sounds like the BPT is the Outlaw of tourney fishing......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I really liked how he talked about betting on himself and not being afraid to go all in on requalifying for the Elites. When asked he said if you are fishing BPT and want to get backnto BASS but are afraid that you might not make it through qualifying again then maybe you shouldn't call yourself a pro angler. If you doubt yourself that much then find something else to do.
    Pretty refreshing to hear a guy speak openly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    He said they were thrilled that he returned to BASS and that he even got a few bumps in some contracts.
    It's really intriguing if sponsors gave him more to leave BPT. The whole heavy hitters' stuff was very Bush league by BPT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    It's really intriguing if sponsors gave him more to leave BPT. The whole heavy hitters' stuff was very Bush league by BPT.

I was surprised by that as he definitely took the high road early on after he announced he was leaving.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Not to mention he was catching them on a frog in the bushes! Frog blowups are highly coveted air time! Petty is an understatement.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

Quote Originally Posted by magfluker View Post
    Not to mention he was catching them on a frog in the bushes! Frog blowups are highly coveted air time! Petty is an understatement.
    It is the holy grail of fishing TV. People would watch frog blow ups all day if they had the chance.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast