motorguide trolling motor rack install

I posted this in the lounge and got 1 response,
    I have a MG digital freshwater series 71#. last outing, it locked up solid, so I figured it had something stuck in the rack. I disassembled it and being stupid forgot to mark the rack to reassemble. So I put it back to what I thought, well thats wrong, I dont get full rotation, and the pedal is way off where it usually was. Does anyone know the proper positon that the head should point and where the position for the rack would be? diagrams or service manual form a TM service dept would be so helpful. With the boat on the trailer, I don't have enough room to deploy the TM all the way down to normal position.
    TIA

T

2. Member
    There is no service manual
    This can be done with the motor on the deck.
    Lay the motor on the bracket so that the the prop and the back of the head are parallel. This means the prop and where the wire lead out the head should be directly in line with each other.

Remove the screws and remove the head cover.

Remove all six screws that holds the rack slide.

Remove the rack from the slide and adjust it so the pedal is completely flat or the toe a little up.

Align the gear of the rack and pinion so they mess together and Making sure the foot pedal is in the position I recommended. Pace the rack back in the slide.
    Install of the rack cover screws.

Align the indicator with the motor direction and replace the cover.

At this point I need to remid you that theis motor including most of the parts are obsolete. You should be thinking about a new motor.

Thank you, I will try it in the next few days. I would like a new one but the prices scare me