2023 Suzuki ss 250 ground code.

I purchased this motor new. ON several occasions while running down the lake, the boat looses power. There are no codes on my display but if I turn the motor off then back on it will run like it should. Took it to the mechanic but he was not able to diagnose since it was an intermittent issue.

Yesterday I was running back to weigh in and I lost power again. I turned the motor off then back on again but this time the engine would not start. It would turn over then I would get three beeps. The display says "ground" I adjusted the shifter and took the wires off the battery then put them back on which did not resolve the issue.

Thoughts? Anyone else have this problem?
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

2. Member
    I’d check to make sure your power wires are tight on the battery and on the motor. I once cleaned the power cable terminals on the motor and forgot to tighten one of the nuts and had similar issues.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    A few questions that might help to pin down the issue:

Which display/gauge do you have? Was the “ground” message across the middle of the screen or somewhere else?

What rpm are you running at when the problem occurs?

Did you check the primer bulb when the boat lost power/engine stalled? Was it very soft or sucked flat? Did you pump it to see if that made a difference?

The 3 beeps you heard - were they evenly spaced and repeated or something else?

One comment - engines that stall/lose power at speed and when there are no fault codes thrown are often fuel related, more often that not on newer motors that usually means things like air getting into a fuel line, a restriction (kink) in a fuel line either between tank and engine or where the line enters the engine, the primer bulb may be faulty, or a partially blocked tank vent, or dirty fuel has partially blocked fuel filters so the engine eventually starves when run at high revs for a longer time. So check all of that out. Tighten all hose clamps up.

On older engines one might check for fuel pressure in case an electric fuel pump is not working right. But not very likely on a new engine.

Is it safe to assume that you have a water separating fuel filter between the tank and engine? They are very important to use on these modern efi engines. Dirty fuel can cause lots of problems and be expensive to fix. It may be worth changing the element just in case its half blocked up.

So one way to check for air leaks in the fuel system is to take the cowl off and look for the small clear fuel filter usually in the back of most models, start the engine on the muffs and look for any air bubbles going thru that filter.

Good luck!