New RV to tow the boat

Just got a RV (25'6") to see the country and also go on fishing trips. Will be towing my 22' deck boat to some lakes I always wanted to fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Sweet!! Congrats and safe travels!!

3. Member
    Nice!! Safe travels

4. Member
    Great combo, have a blast!!

Awesome set-up! Enjoy!
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

6. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Congrats

7. Member
    What are the advantages of fishing out of a deck boat vs a bass boat? My wife can't take the sun so am looking for something like a deck boat for fishing when she wants to tag along.
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    What are the advantages of fishing out of a deck boat vs a bass boat? My wife can't take the sun so am looking for something like a deck boat for fishing when she wants to tag along.
    thanks!
    The best thing is protection from sun and rain. When I bought mine, I had the top replaced, lowered six inches, and a front top that zips to the rear top (not shown in picture). So, it covers the whole boat. Next would be the comfort of more people with four fishing chairs (two rear not shown in picture) and lounge seating. I also have two livescopes up front on a pole that I set at a 90* angle and two screens for spider rigging/drop shotting with me and the wife or guest side by side. It has a 140 and 9.9 on the back and works well for trolling for all species you could imagine. It is a deep v that will do water sports well and maneuvers better and tows easier than a pontoon boat. It's a do all boat that is great for families and friends. I don't have any problems going by myself and it doesn't feel crowded with six people (can hold nine). I am surprised I don't see more of them. I've had mine since 2003 and only seen a few on the water (I haven't traveled a lot yet though). It may seem big and bulky (not to me), and that may be a turn off for most.
    Last edited by GPtimes2; 01-28-2024 at 07:19 AM.

9. Member
    Have you had time to do a boat launch yet? Curious how the Class A will do.

Quote Originally Posted by breeves2245 View Post
    Not yet. I am hoping to in March. Even if I don't do a camping/fishing trip, I will tow the boat over and see how it goes. I live about 7 miles from a good dock to try. It is only 25.5" (my pick-up is 19"), so it short as class A's go (that's why I picked this floor plan). I am also hoping my 46 years of boating gives me an edge. It has a backup camera at the top rear that will give me a good view of the boat and I should be able to make quick corrections and keep it straight.

11. Member
    Congratulations on the purchase. You will love it! I carry a cheep pair of rubber boots for recovering the boat. The boots coupled with a trick step allows me to secure the winch and then step around the vehicle without getting wet. In the summer I don't care if in shorts and flip flops, but other times of the year the boots really come in handy.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

12. Member
    Same here, curious how it will behave launching a boat. I tried what I thought was the surefire rig with a truck camper. Hated the space of the truck camper. I need more elbow room.

Grand Lake-Honey Creek St Park.jpg

This class A towed and backed/launched the boat with ease. If you can back with a pickup, you can back with this. Better than I could have imagined.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowe Tahiti Deck Boat- Fish, Ski, Lounge- Rain or Shine

Same here, curious how it will behave launching a boat. I tried what I thought was the surefire rig with a truck camper. Hated the space of the truck camper. I need more elbow room.

Grand Lake-Honey Creek St Park.jpg
    As stated above, this behaved beautifully. Easy to back without wiggling. Can't wait to take some trips. It's been a long winter and finally getting nice out.
    Lowe Tahiti Deck Boat- Fish, Ski, Lounge- Rain or Shine