Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Caitlin Clark IS SHE GETTING A RAW DEAL

One thing for sure she makes the crowds bigger in record setting motion for sure. Now there is talk her coach doesn't have a clue how to use her, coming from a coach who is 13/45 last couple years. Also talk that some of her teammates and lots of the WNBA are trying to rough her up plus show her whose boss while on the court. C is definitely bringing a lot to the table, what is y'all thoughts on this game of basketball and all that's going on??

Is anybody surprised?
    I believe it all goes back to jealously.
    Seems like every time someone is very successful, most people are just plain jealous, that is wasn't them.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

3. Member
    Pure jealousy plain and simple. People can have such an ugly side if someone around them is successful

4. Member
    Coach had time to figure out how to use her, was it a surprise to her coach she was #1 pick? As for her getting “roughed up” sure there’s some jealousy to her exposure, $ she makes with no WNBA experience, but by the end of the season she’ll be fine….Welcome to the big leagues!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    Is anybody surprised?
    Seems like every time someone is very successful, most people are just plain jealous, that is wasn't them.
    Several retired players warned this winter that she is NOT going to be welcomed in the league. Players were saying her skin color and her being straight are not what current players wanted to see in their next superstar even if it turns everything around and starts making them money
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

6. Member
    She's a rookie. It's gonna be rough.

7. Member
    I remember when Tiger Woods first came out and he was telling everyone he was there to win, not happy to just be there. All the Golf pundits like the Johnny Millers and such laughed at him. As Tiger started to win, then they complained
    about the new fans and how they were not Golfers and not behaving in how you were supposed to behave on the Golf Course. Well, SSDD rules because humans do this human chit for ages.....and always will.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Several retired players warned this winter that she is NOT going to be welcomed in the league. Players were saying her skin color and her being straight are not what current players wanted to see in their next superstar even if it turns everything around and starts making them money
    I had classes with a girl that was on the Purdue Women's championship team. I was amazed at the % of team that wasn't straight.

And they wonder why the WNBA will never be successful. They have someone who is bringing more exposure to the league than ever before. This group of kids literally raised women's college sports to a level never seen before and they are trying to beat her down out of jealousy. They keep bitching about how they don't make equal pay to the men and they finally start getting exposure because of her and they all hate her for it.

10. Member
    The old ones are jealous of her ffs game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    Is anybody surprised?
    Of course all those veteran WNBA players are going to give her 100% effort and many will play her as dirty as possible. Race and jealousy are definitely part of it. No one should be surprised or particularly upset about it.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

12. Member
    Thats todays tolerance and inclusion. Hopefully she can keep her head up and mop the floor with the naysayers and whiners

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    Of course all those veteran WNBA players are going to give her 100% effort and many will play her as dirty as possible. Race and jealousy are definitely part of it. No one should be surprised or particularly upset about it.
    I disagree with your last sentence. If the tables were turned certain people would be outraged.

I think she will tough it out and be fine. She has a strong will to succeed.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

It ain't college anymore.......no one cares what she did there. It's their big leagues. Step up or sit down. It's on her. She has to prove herself every day now. College is over.

16. Member
    I hope her all the best. Hope she breaks all the record.

17. Member
    I don't know what people really expected.....she went to a terrible team....I think I saw she is averaging 5 more points a game than the previous WNBA rookie of the year

Wembanyama's team just lost like 50 games in the NBA...that's what happens when you are the #1 pick

So then that sure sounds like she is being racially profiled and discriminated against.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It ain't college anymore.......no one cares what she did there. It's their big leagues. Step up or sit down. It's on her. She has to prove herself every day now. College is over.
    This. As much as she was coddled by her parents, coaches, and teammates through HS and college ball, she is an adult and there is definitely no jealousy. People are amazing what they speculate (sexuality, skin color) is the reason All sports treat rookies like crap and has been that way for years! You think CC "deserves" special treatment just because she is deemed the next big thing? As has been pointed out by me and others in previous CC posts, she's just another player in the WNBA and she is getting an education real fast about the fact there's plenty of her peers that can school her at will. Let's give her a chance to develop into a more complete player - on both sides of the ball - as I have always considered her a defensive liability.

20. Member
    I thought she was going to the NBA
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast