Assist for Ultrex

Hi
    Is there anything new on some type of assist for an Ultrex with M360 and Active target on it. It takes a lot of effort to lift. MK's solution is a $500 base replacement. Is there anything else out there?

Thanks
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by rgirardi View Post
    Hi
    Is there anything new on some type of assist for an Ultrex with M360 and Active target on it. It takes a lot of effort to lift. MK's solution is a $500 base replacement. Is there anything else out there?

Thanks
    Ralph
    My suggestion is to first try the strongest one available from MK. they have 3 different strengths and this is a link to the strongest one.

https://trollingmotorparts.com/view-...eatured&page=8

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

The upgrades being done are for total added weight of MEGA 360 and Target Lock/MEGA LIVE.

The 860N for the older mounts is not even close to being enough for the extra weight, I use two of them for 45" 2019 24V Ultrex.
    The older Ultrex mounts have a 640N for the 45" 24V motors, a 770N for a 52' 24V motors, and a 860N for the 52" 36V motors.
    I upgraded from the 640N to the single 860N when I just had the 360 and then MEGA 360-- always wished I had more assist.

This is the stronger gas spring for the new Ultrex motors to handle the extra weight of Target Lock/MEGA 360. Since it is a replacement for the factory gas spring, there is no template to locate the holes that needs to be drilled in the older mount arm to attach the bracket.

Ultrex Lift Assist Cylinder - Minn Kota (johnsonoutdoors.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

You can also buy a complete new mount with a beefed up lift assist for around $400 on Ebay. Mine needed new bushings and one side plate and I had added a 3-1 transducer and FFS so I wanted a little more "Assist" so I went that way. I like my decision.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Member
    Might check out Ron Meadows board sponsor
    https://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=83018
    he was making an upgraded lift assist