Fuel demand valve and 2 gas tanks

I planing to install fuel demand valve on my Ranger z21 2005 With Mercury Verado 250hp. My question is do I need 2 demand valves because I have 2 gas tanks or just 1 on main line after switch valve? And do I need siphon valve if I install fuel demand valve? Thank you in advance. Update Serial Number 1B073852 Mercury Verado 250hp 2005
    Last edited by pedja31; 05-21-2024 at 11:11 AM.

2. Member
    you'll probably need to give a description of your fuel system.
    2005 boat probably have vented fuel tanks so you would not need any demand valve.
    outboards do not need antisiphon valve.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by massbays View Post
    you'll probably need to give a description of your fuel system.
    2005 boat probably have vented fuel tanks so you would not need any demand valve.
    outboards do not need antisiphon valve.
    Thank you very much, I see lots of new Ranges have demand valve. My is very old 2005 I thinking to make some upgrades.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    As suggested in Post# 2, unless you've REPLACED the fuel tanks in your boat, it would have a vented system and should not require fuel demand valves.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    As suggested in Post# 2, unless you've REPLACED the fuel tanks in your boat, it would have a vented system and should not require fuel demand valves.
    Thank you very much