Thread: Bois d'Arc Help

Bois d'Arc Help

Good morning.

After fishing Lake Fork in it infancy, back in the late 80's, then buying a cabin on the lake in the 90's (Still own it), Fork was my lake I traveled 8 hours from my home in northern MS, to fish 6 weeks out of the year.

Sorry to say it's kicked my butt for the last 5 years. I want to give her a rest from this ole' Mississippi boy this
    year.

Looking at coming down to try the new lake, Bois d' Arc Lake later in mid May for 4- 5 days. Is there a topo map yet of the lake yet. I know the fella on U Tube "Simplistic fishing" has a decent map of Google Earth areas but was curious if a map was available yet. I know its not on my current Humminbird Lake master lake chip for Texas lakes.

Also I'm not at all familiar with the area around this lake. Where's the best city close by for a decent hotel?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again God bless.

2. Member
    Bonham has a nice Holiday Inn, you can hit Whataburger or/and Starbucks on the way to lake. Probably 15 minutes to a boat ramp.
    My Lowrance unit didn't show the lake, so it appears you are floating in a farmers field. Does show the creeks.
    Seems you are not alone on Fork being tough nowadays.
    Enjoy the new lake, its fun to look around.
    With that said, fish seem to be in certain spots. If you are not getting bites move along. Plenty of unproductive, great looking areas.